Global Derivatives Specialist
- Rancho Cordova, CA, États-Unis Rancho Cordova CA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 juin 18 2018-06-19
Global Derivatives Specialist
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Global Portfolio Account Services group responsible for?
The Global Derivatives Document Specialist functions as a key subject matter expert (SME) on derivative agreements and drives the related derivative documentation process. Prepares and reviews legal documentation in accordance with standard trading terms, as well as coordination of non-standard derivative trade documentation with various trading desks and legal divisions. Researches, negotiates, and recommends the business terms and conditions of derivative agreements. Analyzes changing and emerging external regulatory requirements and makes recommendations on how best to proceed. Ensures control measures are in place to support existing and new derivative products, and both lead and participate in enhancement projects. Supports and participates in various teams' miscellaneous initiatives to meet organizational goals. Manages contract information data in systems.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Global Derivatives Specialist?
Investment Documentation Support (Brokerage/Trading Accounts, ISDA, Futures)
- Work with Global Portfolio Mangers, Legal, Counterparties and Brokers daily to add funds and accounts to our umbrella agreements.
- Research, negotiate, decide and communicate business terms (e.g., NAV declines, Collateral haircuts) for our derivative agreements and coordinate, present and make recommendations to our Portfolio, Risk, and Operations groups.
- Complete all necessary documentation (brokerage, ISDA, collateral, futures) and work with internal and external counsel prior to coordinating the execution of the documents
- Manage the derivatives agreement process to ensure it is running smooth, issues are promptly identified and corrected, opportunities are identified to create efficiencies, and execute improvements to reduce risk or lower costs.
- Monitor industry trends and regulatory changes to assess impact to operations, and work with Legal to address any required new documentation or modification to existing documentation.
- Represent Global Portfolio Account Services as a derivatives subject matter expert in committees and client on boarding meetings where a fund or account intends to use derivatives.
- Review and comment on the Investment Management Agreement to assess impacts on the derivatives agreement process and future negotiations.
- Work on projects to improve the derivative process or enhance our systems
- Work with appropriate groups to set acceptable business terms for our derivative agreements
- Ensure all terms are accurately input into our online systems
- Monitor data and perform regular analytics for any issues or inconsistencies
- Regularly review terms and adjust based on changes in the industry, market, or based on internal requirements
- Convert complex issues associated with derivatives into easy to follow presentations for sales and on boarding teams
- Lead and participate in derivative ad-hoc efforts and department projects with business groups.
- Work with individuals at all levels within Franklin Templeton Investments to gather, analyze, and consolidate derivative information in order to present recommendations to leaders to make decisions on key organizational issues
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelors degree or higher in equivalent work experience
- Five to Five to seven years' professional experience in financial services
- Two to three years of derivative exposure
- Exposure to derivative contract negotiations (e.g. ISDA, Futures, Prime Broker)
- Derivatives knowledge
- Previous investment industry experience preferred
- Experience in client service, marketing, project management or product development
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities