Analytic Consultant 5
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo US
- 17 oct. 17 2017-10-17
Analytic Consultant 5
The Wholesale Business Data Services team provides services that result in multiple levels of actionable information necessary to meet our Wholesale and Corporate business needs, and regulatory requirements. We enable usage of common data that is complete, trusted, understood, and aligned with our financial reporting.
The position is a role supporting our iHub service which acts as our authorized provisioning point and common data foundation for Wholesale. It conforms data to standard definitions and a common format.
The position will primarily support the Customer Due Diligence initiative but may also support a number of other iHub work streams tied to risk, regulatory and internal business initiatives. The incumbent should have a strong data management and Wholesale business background. You will be expected to gather requirements, analyze datasets, build data mapping, and conduct data validation. You will have the opportunity to interact with business and technology partners across Wholesale such as Risk, Finance, Lines Of Business, and Systems of Record owners.
A successful candidate will be intellectually curious and inquisitive. You ask questions and you speak up when you have an idea. You enjoy being hands on and digging into the details. You try things even if you fail. Large, unclear problems don't intimidate you. You look for problems to solve and you come up with innovative ideas and make things happen without management direction. You enjoy working in a high-profile environment with fluid priorities with tight deadlines.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Knowledge and understanding of wholesale banking: products, platforms, policies, processes, and procedures
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Techno-functional skills with exposure to various banking products
- Logical thinker and problem solver. Takes analytical, creative approach to problem solving
- Positive, people oriented, and energetic attitude
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with Finance, Risk, Regulatory, and remote team members
- Intermediate skills in writing SQL
- Ability to manipulate date from non-normalized or disparate data sources
- Very strong attention to detail with strong organizational and documentation skills
- Clear understanding of data warehousing principles, dimensional data and data modeling
- Preferably experience with Oracle Financial Services Data Foundation(FSDF) implementation
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.