Analytics Researcher II We are looking to add a highly motivated Research II to support Silicon Valley Banks insights program focused on the venture ecosystem . This position offers the opportunity to join a team that applies subject matter expertise and advanced analytical skills to uncover trends affecting the venture capital industry, innovation ecosystem, and markets of strategic interest to SVB. The Researcher II is responsible for primary research efforts, which includes engaging with management and thought leaders to gather information. Expected to apply advanced thinking principles to analyze date to uncover valuable, relevant and actionable insights. Provides insight through various mediums to help internal and external stakeholders make strategic decisions, be informed on their industries/sectors, enable thought leaders and ambassadors to raise their profile. Receives minimal guidance; must be able to execute tasks independently and exercise judgment to perform research and develop content. This includes processing the initiative to plan, develop, and strategize tasks.
- Conduct research which includes talking to SMEs and experts, gathering information from a variety of sources and then analyzing thedatatodiscover trends and develop insights.
- Developcontent for variousdeliverablesincorporatingproprietarydata which delivers insights, actions, recommendationsandinformation on trends and predictions.Content/projects/presentationsareused internally and externallyto conveyinformation and knowledge to educate clients and internal partners.
- Evangelize the group, use of insights and importance ofsubject matter expertise. Present to internal and external stakeholders.Encourage sales teams on the importance of using content and how to do so.
- Routinely recommendshypothesesand potential outcomes of analysis. Generates recommended solutions not typically governed by precedence but by data and research.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics or similar, related backgrounds.
- Minimum 1 year at investment bank, financial services, equity research or similar experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of theglobal venture capital/private equityinnovation ecosystem.
- CFA preferred
- Experienceworking with C-levelinternal clients and external clients.
- Prior experience at astartupor in ventureis highly desirable.
- Technical Skills: Excel Power Point, Tableau, Python for data science preferred.
United States-California-San Francisco Work Locations: Job:
Banking Operations Organization:
SVB Financial Group. Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Jun 15, 2020, 9:25:11 PM Travel:
Yes, 10 % of the Time