Co-Portfolio Manager - Matthews Asian Growth and Income Fund
- Competitive compensation package
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Matthews Asia
- 19 nov. 17 2017-11-19
TITLE: Co-Portfolio Manager – Matthews Asian Growth and Income Fund LOCATION: San Francisco, California THE COMPANY: Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews International Capital Management, the advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise
Co-Portfolio Manager – Matthews Asian Growth and Income Fund
San Francisco, California
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews International Capital Management, the advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. Our investment offerings provide a broad range of strategies for building a global portfolio that includes exposure to Asia.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia Funds can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
This position will report to the lead Portfolio Manager of the company’s Matthews Asian Growth and Income strategy.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an individual to join the Matthews’ teams to perform fundamental research and investment analysis in support of the Portfolio Managers.
Specifically, this individual will be responsible for conducting both qualitative and quantitative analyses, focusing on analysis of industries, business models, economic moats, capital structure, management quality and valuations for Asian companies.
This role will be responsible for supporting and coordinating investment decisions for a series of SEC-registered mutual funds that take a lower volatility approach to investing in Asian equity and convertible bond markets. The duties are as follows:
- Research and analysis of individual companies, as well as sector, regional and economic factors affecting issuers based in, or with significant exposure to Asia
- Stock selection
- Work within a team to conduct research and generate superior ideas to enhance risk adjusted returns for the portfolio
- Asset allocation of the portfolio based on the changing environments of risks in macro economy, different sectors and individual equities and rebalance stock position
- Monitor the latest news/developments on the underlining stocks in the portfolio and evaluate the impacts on the stocks using qualitative and quantitative method. Also monitor macroeconomic news
- Meet with company managements on a frequent basis through on-site company visits, conference calls and meetings in our own office
- Communicate with existing/potential investors/advisers on the fund’s investment philosophy and methodology
- Collaborate with lead or co-portfolio manager
- Market fund, appear in media and conferences
- Bachelors degree is required, Masters degree and/or CFA preferred
- At least 7 years of work experience in the investment management industry, buy-side experience essential
- Experience researching companies in Asia preferred but not required
- Experience as a research analyst in the investment management industry required
- Distinct passion for investing and demonstrable experience in investment
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong understanding of financial statements
- High level of integrity
- Team player
- Communication skills - Ability to articulate clearly an investment case in writing and speech
- Willingness to travel to Asia is required
- Working knowledge of tools such as Bloomberg, FactSet and strong excel skills