Corporate Development Associate
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVB'ers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business. Join the SVB team and help bring our clients' world-changing ideas to life. Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform research and analysis in connection with new strategic initiatives, investments, mergers and acquisitions, and partnerships involving SVB Financial Group.
- Develop and maintain financial models including valuation, investment return, and competitive bench-marking analyses with minimal supervision
- Perform in depth financial statement analyses
- Summarize key findings in research assignments in PowerPoint presentations and memoranda for SVBFG's executive management
- Provide support for management of organization-wide projects and take leadership responsibilities as appropriate
- Facilitate information gathering and discussions involving senior leaders of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in financial analysis
- Proficiency in building complex financial models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and effectively prioritize changing responsibilities and deadlines
- Prior experience in investment banking, management consulting, or equity research is a plus
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience are required for this position