Data Scientist (Global Equities)
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nuveen Investments
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
Data Scientist (Global Equities)
About the Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
About the Group
TIAA Investments is a global asset manager focused on achieving the best-possible long-term risk-adjusted returns for its clients. Its investments in active, quantitative and index strategies span global fixed income, equity, and responsible investment.
About the Position
The Global Equities team at TIAA Investments is looking to hire an experienced individual to architect and influence the direction of the rollout of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) at TIAA Investments, which may include a variety of solutions such as ML tools, process automation, smart data analytics, and Natural Language Processing (NLP). This role will lead the identification, planning, and prioritization processes to drive high-level functional concepts from roadmaps through proof-of-concepts to implementation/ integration. The successful candidate will be able to effectively partner with business leaders, key stakeholders and the technology community, where he/she will accelerate and govern AI and ML related initiatives on behalf of the entire TIAA Investments organization.
- Provide thought leadership and help define long term strategy for integrating artificial intelligence into the investment process
- Utilize machine learning and specifically natural language processing to mine unstructured data, extracting information from documents such as electronic filings, contracts, news, etc. for investment insights, build methods for document clustering and topic modeling
- Create, socialize, and execute a long-term plan to increase efficiencies enabled by AI and ML capabilities
- Work with investment personnel to develop investment strategies utilizing machine learning and advance statistical techniques
- Bachelor degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields
- At least 5-8 years of professional experience working in Natural Language Processing or related field
- A strong understanding of the end-to-end technology lifecycle, preferably with practical experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning projects
- Excellent communication, networking and influencing skills
- Self-motivated with strong project management, commercial and analytical capabilities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields
- Experience working in financial services or consulting for financial services
- Python, R, Matlab, SAS, Java or C++ preferred; Python or R strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.