Data Scientist II - Brighterion
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Data Scientist II - Brighterion
Brighterion, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mastercard, is an award winning Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Company. Our innovative cross channel AI solutions are applied in industries such as fintech, investment banking, biotech, and insurance. The team at Brighterion pushes the boundaries of innovation for Artificial Intelligence technologies with a culture focused on delivering the results our clients expect and deserve. The Brighterion Research and Development team is dedicated to keeping Brighterion at the leading edge of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine learning (ML). We are pursuing highly motivated individual who displays strong achievement orientation, resilience, diligence, and the ability to research and innovate to provide Brighterion model development team with the application of newest and most efficient technologies.
It encompasses the following activities:
• Familiar with the latest AI and ML technologies
• Implement prototype ideas using Python/Java and evaluate benefits of new technologies against existing alternative approaches
• Research best way to leverage new technologies in current modeling pipelines
• Create new or improve existing AI models with an understanding of business and technical issues
• Read research papers, white papers, article related to AI and ML technologies both from a theoretical standpoint and practical application in the industry.
• Design and implement prototypes using Python and Java programming language.
• Research alternative techniques and technologies. If not available in the existing framework, design and implement an approach in Java or Python.
• Evaluate the prototype against alternative approaches and document the strength and weaknesses. Provide recommendation on how to move forward.
• Research best configuration parameters of the new AI and ML technologies to provide the optimal outcome for a given vertical.
All about You
• Strong Mathematics and Statistics background
• Strong experience in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Proficient in Python. Familiarity with algorithms, data wrangling tools (pandas, dask, etc.), plotting libraries, machine learning libraries (scikit-learn). Must be able to automate tasks using Python and any open-source tools at scale. Familiarity with any deep learning framework (TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch) is a huge plus.
• Strong experience with SQL language and large data manipulation
• Problem solver
• Creative and ingenious
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• BS in computer science or a related field, Graduate degrees preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.