Director of Data Operations
Job Description ERS Data produces dataset publications. Success of the team is measured by quality, cost, security and timeliness of producing these publications.
The Director of Data Operations leads their team through instrumented processes and coaches them to consistently meeting or exceeding committed levels of performance measures. In addition, he/she will collaborate across Moody's Analytics to understand, influence and adopt and share best practices in data production.
- Lead data governance efforts for ERS via metrics, policies and processes.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the ERS data assets
- Drive development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption program across ERS
- Overall responsibility to achieve data production schedule at expected quality following relevant policies and procedures.
- Understand the business and technical context of the projects and take ownership of the quality control with respect to the final deliverables involving technical specifications.
- Quantify success metrics, collect production process and team data to establish performance baseline .
- Ensure team is 100% compliant with regulatory and security requirements. In addition, that they understand and follow operating procedures and business policies.
- Set clear objectives for team member, conduct performance assessments and hold regular 1:1s with direct reports and other consistently achieve or exceed data production commitments
- Act as an initial escalation point for team members as well as internal and external clients.
- Collaborate with data engineering and cloud operations team to troubleshoot processes and resolve pipeline defects.
- Drive alignment in goals and clarity in responsibility of relevant processes and teams such that work is performed effectively across team sites.
- Assess and lead change of data production processes with a focus on the effectiveness and efficiency around how quality is being produced. Support successful process changes through communication and change management such that none of your partners, clients or stakeholders are surprised.
- Previous experience in leadership or managing a team of 4-5 people.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management Articulate, clear and a confident English communicator (oral and written) .
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Experienced conflict management and resolution skills.
- Able to prioritize work against set milestones to deliver quality data by established deadlines.
- Experience in working with cross functional teams and ensuring requisite communication across remote locations
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement
- Financial Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud services.
- Working knowledge of data modeling and SQL.
- Advanced knowledge in statistical and modeling software such as R/SAS/Python
- Experience performed QC on financial data or ability to understand financial statements such as 10K and 10Q; US GAAP, IFRS, and other regional accounting principles; foreign and domestic bankruptcy/insolvency.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results collaborating across geographic locations
- Ability to understand and or apply statistical or quantitative methods.
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.