Market Intelligence Platform Manager (VP)
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis San Francisco CA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 15 juil. 18 2018-07-15
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Global Market Intelligence is a part of Corporate Strategy and is responsible for analyzing the financial services competitive landscape and providing insights along with supportive data to business teams across BlackRock helping shape strategic thinking.
A key mandate for the team is develop and maintain a consolidated source of global competitive data, in a self-service framework that will enable analysis and data mining. In addition, the team performs deep analytics that result in compelling insights for our business partners.
A technology based platform, leveraging the broad array of BLK solutions coupled with third-party data is critical to deliver a market intelligence model for the global firm.
Based in SF (or NY), this role will be responsible for developing and managing a global intelligence platform that supports data consolidation, analytics and delivery solutions. It will require project management, relationship management, framing technical requirements that lead to scalable solutions. This person will be responsible in partnering across BLK Technology to leverage data and analytic solutions that can be applied to an intelligence model. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Market Intelligence.
- Lead the design and support the framework for competitor analysis and self-service models
- Manage the development and oversight of storage, data structure and analytic tools, sourced from BLK Technology teams and third-party vendors
- Foster relationships across the internal technology organizations to leverage BLK solutions for the intelligence framework
- Partner across the team and business groups to understand information needs and provide effective, scalable solutions
- Utilize and write SQL queries and Python scripts to identify patterns and anomalies in the data to inform insights
- Support and enhance the data platform including, identification and communication of technical requirements with development partners and oversight of cross-functional development projects (with global counterparts)
- Data quality oversight and key partner to define data sources that help shape “authoritative source of truth”
- Manage relationships with third-party data providers and evaluate new potential partners
- Provide guidance on streamlining activities across the team to leverage technology and increase efficiency for data analytics requests
- Deploy visualization tools to enhanced analysis and promote solutions for broad access and adoption across the firm
- Develop in partnership with technology, options for machine-learned analysis, natural language search and analysis of unstructured data
- Research industry technology trends in this space and assess best practices and emerging vendors
Ideal candidate has financial services technology experience in developing similar analytical frameworks (prefer: internal BLK knowledge/experience and relationships within APG, PAG and/or BRS).
- 5+ years of relevant experience in BI, Data Warehousing Engineers or other related fields
- Experience developing analytic, data mining and visualization solutions
- Coding and database development experience (e.g. SQL, Python, possibly HTML)
- Proven ability to lead multi-faceted technology/development projects
- Effective at developing relationships and fostering a partnership model
- Experience in translating business requirements into technical requirements along with leveraging established technologies to benefit business needs
- Creative in problem solving and solution-oriented
- Strong process management and organization skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal and writing
- Enjoys working in a team-based environment
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.