Portfolio Construction, Senior Quantitative Developer/Researcher
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis San Francisco CA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 14 mai 18 2018-05-14
•10+ years of professional Java or C/C++ development experience, 5+ years of experience developing production investment management systems •10+ years of experience in portfolio optimization and mathematical programming. Hands on experience with CPLEX and Mosek for large scale optimization is strongly preferred
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Portfolio Construction is an independent team within Blackrock’s Financial Modeling Group. The team’s focus is on development proprietary portfolio construction system and related optimization analytics. Our optimization platform is deployed globally across multiple investment teams including Active Equity, Index, iShares, and Fixed Income. In addition to developing and supporting our software products, the candidate will be participating in research and building new solutions, providing competitive edge to portfolio management teams, external clients and all our partners. Preferred location is London with a possibility of San Francisco.
Candidate responsibilities include:
- Development of portfolio optimization platform and analytics tools used by portfolio managers and researchers across multiple asset classes and investment strategies
- Conduct creative, quantitative research leading to improved investment performance.
- Communicate with portfolio managers and researchers, our internal and external clients, address their portfolio construction and portfolio optimization questions and requests.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of professional Java or C/C++ development experience, 5+ years of experience developing production investment management systems
- 10+ years of experience in portfolio optimization and mathematical programming. Hands on experience with CPLEX and Mosek for large scale optimization is strongly preferred. Track record of publications in the field is a significant plus.
- A strong grasp of investment concepts, as evidenced by qualifications and experience. Detailed understanding of existing portfolio construction and optimization platforms available on the institutional market. Experience in development of risk and transaction cost models, integrating them in portfolio construction process.
- Experience in working with and presenting to clients on quantitative portfolio management solutions is required.
- A strong quantitative background, as evidenced by relevant advanced degrees and/or experience. An advanced degree in physics, mathematics, statistics, operations research, economics or another quantitative discipline is strongly preferred
- Team player with good communication skills and ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.