Senior Associate, Corporate Strategy
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis San Francisco CA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Matthews Asia
- 19 juil. 18 2018-07-19
Candidate must be able to analyze, trade, and manage the portfolio, and have an expertise in one category: credit, rates or currencies.
TITLE: Senior Associate, Corporate Strategy
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries, and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC, and Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
Reporting Relationships: This position will report to the Head of Strategy and Investment Solutions
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Matthews Asia’s Strategy and Investment Solutions group is dedicated to supporting the Executives and Senior Management in optimally positioning the Company for long-term growth and value creation, driving the achievement of key strategic priorities, and providing thought leadership, strategic assessments, and industry insights. The group works on a range of strategic multi-functional projects and initiatives and provides members with a unique opportunity to define the Company’s most critical strategic priorities, partner with senior business leaders in strategy formulation and execution while gaining visibility with the Company’s Executives and Senior Management.
- Supporting strategic initiatives and projects that promote the implementation of the Company’s long-term strategy and vision
- Plan and execute work streams for key projects as well as take full ownership for the execution of smaller projects
- Support the preparation of management and strategy off-sites and executive committee meetings
- Evaluating business strategic opportunities, including acquisitions, partnerships, and JVs
- Develop and maintain perspective on strategic implications of key developments in the industry – major trends, new products, competitor actions, etc.
- Analyze industry data to generate insights through both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Develop strong relationships across the Company and cultivate the group’s connection with the various business units (investments, finance, operations, legal, etc.)
An Ideal Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Curiosity; self-awareness; willingness to learn
- Independent thinker and a self-starter
- Team player that can accept substantial individual responsibility and proactively create value for the team and others
- Passionate interest in exploring and understanding financial markets and the asset management industry
- A desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence and teamwork
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 2 – 5 years of work experience, most likely in asset management, consulting or investment banking
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously with consistent follow-through
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences across various levels of seniority
- Expert user of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and/or demonstrated a willingness to improve these skills
- Expert/advanced user of Simfund, eVestment Alliance, Lipper IM, Morningstar a plus
- Experience with databases and analyzing large sets of data a plus
- Strong financial modeling skills and knowledge of financial/valuation concepts and/or demonstrated willingness to improve these skills
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and Senior Executives
- Personally and professionally aligned with Matthews Asia’s culture and values, and a strong interest in financial services
To apply for this position, please click here to submit your resume and application.
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.