Senior DevOps Engineer - Bloomberg Quant (BQuant)
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets - and help them make faster, smarter decisions. So where does BQuant fit in?
Finance is changing, and fast; new financial professionals are even learning python themselves. Here in our San Francisco office we've identified an opportunity to reach this tech savvy client base by building a product that opens our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers.
Gone are the days of downloading raw CSV files! The BQuant platform allows users to bring their algorithms to our data, not the other way around. Our service provides a unified environment where users can develop their code and test, share, and deploy it easily. Our impact? Providing the entire industry with tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds, through customer deployed installations in enterprise environments. Talk tech to me...
BQuant is a managed data science platform, and comprises a wide variety of software components from quantitative libraries written in Python, a packaged version of the Jupyter ecosystem through to server deployments on Kubernetes, AWS, GCP and Azure.
Underpinning all this is some serious CI/CD! We've built a continuous delivery system that runs a full integration suite on every PR and produces releasable artefacts on every PR merge. Our focus now is building more resiliency into the toolchain itself, extending it to support new components and deployment targets, and moving away from Buildbot/Jenkins to a more modern CD platform. That's where you come in. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Provide a continuous delivery platform as a service
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues to automate their development, test and deployment workflow
- Maintain and enhance our Python packaging toolchain
- Build new internal products such as on-demand test environments, automated acceptance testing and release tracking
We'd love to see:
- Excellent collaboration skills
- 3+ years of experience in Python or another programming language
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- A strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Experience operating CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, BuildBot or Concourse
If this sounds like you, apply!
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience in a developer-facing role
- Experience releasing software at scale
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status