- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
Senior Scala Developer
Lieu de travail : San Francisco, CA, États-UnisYou will join the early stage of projects and participate in defining the platform for the next generation products
• You will build API to a multi-tenant backend services to enable easy access by internal applications, clients, and partners
• You will continuously integrate and ship code into the cloud environment
• You will develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Postgres, Play, and NoSQL
• You will participate in defining the architecture of modern tools and runtime for operating your code such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
• You will work directly with Product Owners to deliver products in a collaborative and agile environment
Who you are:
• You are passionate to be part of cutting edge projects and are motivated by delivering world-class products with great architecture on an aggressive schedule
• You are not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about your craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
• You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
• You use, or are passionate about learning, functional programming the right way, AWS, Docker, Scala, Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch,- and anything else that will help you solve big, messy problems
Moody's Analytics (MA) is the leading risk management consulting company and combines deep industry expertise with unique enterprise risk management software and analytics. The company provides software, services and financial information to banks, insurance companies, non-financial corporations, and institutional investors in over 80 countries.
Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other relevant field
• Expert level knowledge of JVM and OOP
• 2+ years of experience in Scala or other functional languages
• Experience working with Play Scala or Akka HTTP
• Experience in designing API and documenting through Open API/Swagger
• Experience in Unix/Linux including basic commands and scripting
• Strong knowledge of source control systems and best practices (Git, Merging, Branching, Pull Requests, etc.)
• Strong knowledge and understanding of algorithm optimization and distributed systems
• Solid understanding of continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
• Excellent communication skills
• Designing mission-critical system using AWS, Docker, microservices architecture
• Experience with Cats or Scalaz and know how to apply them in the messy world of FP-OOP
• Experience working with Shapeless and can explain generic programming
• Knowledge of Statistics
• Experience in Fintech
At Moody's, we believe in using the right tool for the right job, and we are eager to use the best that the open source world has to offer. We practice agile development with fast iterations, continuous integration, automated testing and build process.
• Scala, SBT, Play, Swagger
• Angular 2, Typescript
• Spark, HDFS, Yarn, Postgres, Cassandra, Redshift
• Node, Wepback and NPM
• ScalaTest, Karma/Jasmine for Unit Testing
• Robot and Selenium for Integration Testing
• Puppet, Terraform, Packer
• AWS, Docker
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.