Senior Software Engineer - Continuous Delivery
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world's decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets - and help them make faster, smarter decisions. So where does BQuant fit in?
Finance is changing, and fast; new financial professionals are even learning Python themselves. We are building a new product from scratch to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Our mission: democratize the industry by providing every participant with advanced quantitative tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds. What is the product?
We are building a managed data science platform, which comprises a wide variety of software components from quantitative libraries written in Python, a packaged version of the Jupyter ecosystem through to server deployments on Kubernetes, AWS, GCP and Azure.
Underpinning all this is some serious CI/CD! We've built a continuous delivery system that runs a full integration suite on every PR and produces releasable artefacts on every PR merge. Our focus now is building more resiliency into the toolchain itself, extending it to support new components and deployment targets, and moving away from Buildbot/Jenkins to a more modern CD platform. That's where you come in. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Provide a continuous delivery platform as a service
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues to automate their development, test and deployment workflow
- Maintain and enhance our Python packaging toolchain
- Build new internal products such as on-demand test environments, automated acceptance testing and release tracking
We'd love to see:
- Excellent collaboration skills
- 3+ years of experience in Python or another programming language
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
- A strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Experience operating CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, BuildBot or Concourse
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
If this sounds like you, apply!
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience in a developer-facing role
- Experience releasing software at scale
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status