Sr. Manager/Director, Data Science
Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people's behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization. What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI. What you will do:
Lead our data science team within the technology organization. In this role, you will
• Lead and coach a team of talented data scientists and ML engineers. Establish actionable KPIs and success metrics for your team
• Work with commercial and product teams to identify business needs, understand distinct problems. Do research, test and experiment with techniques, and build best-in-class machine learning models, to uncover actionable insights and patterns. Provides thought leadership and strategic advice to businesses through "art of the possible" conversations and demonstrating value though "proof of values"
• Own and evolve the vision for data needed for the data science projects, integrate cross-channel data, mine and visualize data, model research and results, build appropriate dashboards for predictive analytics
• Productionize the researched models, build & maintain services that encase these models and partner with engineering teams using these services. Ultimately research and build predictive systems and intelligent automation that enable smarter business decisions and improved customer experience. Who you are:
• You are a talented leader with several years of experience as a data scientist who understand data engineering and software engineering, and 4+ years of demonstrated and successful experience leading data science team through the implementation of new data science models, tools, and techniques, and improving business performance
• Passionate about empirical research and data science. An expert with deep understanding of methods in data science and ML, as well as using statistical methods.
• An expert in analyzing and manipulating large, complex, high-dimensional data from numerous sources, and in using SQL.
• Experienced in building machine learning models and delivering them to production software environments.
• A graduate with MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related quantitative field.
• A team player, comfortable working in a distributed team and across time zones
• Able to lead a cross-functional group in a unified direction
• Solid communicator, both with highly team teams with non-technical stakeholders. Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Friday, though holidays and weekends may be required. We believe in equal employment opportunities:
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the company's employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary actions up to and including discharge.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.