Trading Operations Specialist 2 - Settlements Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Wells Fargo US
- 25 sept. 17
Trading Operations Specialist 2 - Settlements Analyst
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Let's talk about us
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Let's talk about the job
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help investors achieve their financial goals through investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by collaborative service. WFAM's investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams-each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies-that attempt to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
The position will reside within Wells Capital Management (WellsCap). As a registered investment advisory firm, we focus on managing equity, fixed income and blended portfolios for a variety of institutional clients. We believe professionals with the highest integrity, focused on adding positive relative returns, with disciplined teamwork, will exceed our clients' expectations.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- As a Settlements Analyst you will operate in a fast paced, high risk, deadline driven environment to expedite securities lending transactions between portfolio traders and broker dealers
- Support mortgage backed securities clearing and settlement. Will deal with TBA securities and will support the assignment and the pairing-off of these positions
- Decisions and actions may result in individual or firm wide trading losses due to errors, incorrect decisions or failing to follow procedures, risk management guidelines, regulations or operational standards including possible regulatory fines
- Able to make critical decisions, which impact a majority of the firm's daily trades, e.g. routing and our system availability
- Research and resolve complex trade issues and problems
- Ensuring proper execution and settlement of firm wide trades. This includes ensuring regulatory compliance and balancing our books and records
- Able to minimize financial losses due to trade related or clearing error through trading resolution experience and internal/external contracts
- Plays critical leadership role in system downtimes, BRS or market meltdown situations
- Serves as trading and operations expert for senior business partners regarding trade execution/settlement transactions and assignment of responsibility for trade errors
- Comprehensive regulatory and financial industry knowledge
- Establish effective relationships with broker dealers and portfolio staff
Principal Working Relationships:
Daily contact with portfolio managers, traders, analysts, brokers and custodians to facilitate the settlement of trades. Contact with clients to provide specific information as needed. Frequent contact with operations and technology teams to resolve securities settlement and pricing problems.
- 5+ years of investment operations experience
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to review and understand ISDA Master and Credit Support Annex agreements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of cash (domestic and international and physical securities (DTC) settlements)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of US commodity, equity, and interest rate markets
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of securities settlement and/or clearance experience
- Knowledge of buy-side fixed income securities settlement, financial instruments and markets
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions. This includes the appropriate escalation of critical issues to mitigate risks and safeguard client assets.
- Ability to interact effectively with portfolio managers, senior management, peers and external parties in a fast-paced, high-risk environment and under extreme deadline pressure.
- Mortgage backed securities experience
- Familiarity with Wells Fargo Asset Management products and related systems
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.