IAS Global Technology Software Architect
- San José, CA, États-Unis San José CA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- PWC - US
- 18 mai 18 2018-05-18
The Global Mobility Services (GMS) Technology Group is a leader in providing value added solutions to complex business problems. Our practice automates client's business processes through implementation of propriety expatriate software, and helps in process redesign and systems integration with enterprise HR/Payroll solutions such as PeopleSoft, SAP and HR Access. As a member of the GMS Technology team, you will play an important role in the development lifecycle of our various expatriate management solutions.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
You will be responsible for contributing to projects that span both the client implementation and product teams.
As technical team member you will work closely with both onshore and offshore development resources and be responsible for the following:
- Managing application deployments
- Coordinating with development resources onshore/offshore
- Technical documentation and review
- Implement secure development processes
- Participate in peer code and architecture reviews
GMS Technology team members act as the direct liaison with senior IT professionals within PwC and our clients.
Providing specialized assistance in troubleshoot and resolve client issues surrounding the technical / application aspects of our expatriate technology suites.
As a technical member of a client implementation or product team you responsible for designing and implementing system integration approaches using Microsoft and Oracle technologies.
During the implementation process you gather business requirements and create domain specific reports utilizing Microsoft or other 3rd party reporting solutions.
As part of the technology team you will work to evolve or create products to meet our client's business needs.
This requires leveraging a number of development methodologies against a comprehensive understanding of the global mobility
The IAS Technology team creates innovative, market leading solutions for our expatriate and global mobility practice.
We automate business processes and solve complex business problems with custom built web and mobile technologies.
Our solutions are used by some of the largest, most recognizable multinational companies in the world.
The Development team analyses requirements, architects, designs and programs scalable, maintainable, reliable systems leveraging leading, proven testing techniques and automation tools to ensure high quality and efficient delivery of new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years of prior programming and 3 years prior software architecture experience
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree(s) Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems
Certification(s) Preferred: Microsoft certification (e.g. MCSD, MCA)
Demonstrated proven success in roles and extensive knowledge of the following IT architecture-related technologies and methodologies to build custom-designed, automated web and mobile technologies related to clients facing business issues involving expatriates and global mobility:
- Solution Delivery Methodologies including traditional SDLC and Agile
- Security Development Lifecycle
- Source Control (TFS, Subversion, Git, Mercurial)
- MSSQL 2008/2012; Oracle 10+
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Api, Linq
- IoC (Autofac, Unity, Ninject)
- ORM (nHibernate, Entity Framework)
- Testing Methods & Tools (TDD, BDD / xUnit, NUnit, Jasmine)
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Functional, Imperative and Declarative Programming Languages
- Design Patterns / Enterprise Design Patterns (Factory, Singleton, Strategy, ActiveRecord, Repository, etc.)
- Separation of Concerns; IDesign Method
- Representational State Transfer (REST); Hypertext as the Engine of Application State (HATEOS)
- Mobile Development (iOS, Android)
Demonstrated proven extensive abilities and success with IT architecture-related technologies and methodologies to build custom-designed, automated web and mobile technologies related to clients facing business issues involving expatriates and global mobility, which include the following areas:
- Working alone or as part of a team to design and build quality software solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of the purpose of the software or functionality being built
- Building solutions that meet the requirements and acceptance criteria
- Determining the best implementation approach considering factors such as build time, cost, performance, scalability, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Anticipating potential problems and proactively suggesting solutions
- Respectfully challenging solutions and bringing new ideas to the team
- Driving change and continuous improvement through the adoption of solid development practices
- Discussing work with stakeholders inside and outside the development team
Demonstrated proven extensive success and abilities to drive change and continuous improvement through the adoption of proven development practices, utilizing creative analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills with a high attention to detail and quality.
Demonstrated proven success and extensive ability to take ownership of tasks and complete them with minimal direct supervision.
Demonstrated extensive ability to achieve, and a proven record of, success as an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing technology opportunities: actively participating in product and technology discussions and meetings; managing multiple projects, including preparing concise, accurate documents; and maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues or opportunities.
Demonstrated repeated success and extensive skills in meeting expectations; respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping supervisors and team members informed of progress and issues; answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff.
Demonstrated proven success and willingness to learn and upgrade continually skills and knowledge as the business environment and technology evolve