Business Implementation Manager, Mortgage,Operations
Business Implementation Manager, Mortgage Operations
The SVB Private Bank serves the needs of individuals who are part of the Innovation sector of the U. S economy. This includes venture capital and private equity professionals as well as C-level executives from all the businesses Silicon Valley Bank serves nationwide. SVB is uniquely positioned with access to the key players in the industry. We seek to help streamline their lives with a strong product set, intense knowledge of their industries, capable & caring bankers and a high level of customer service. The candidate will play a critical role in the success of the Private Banking Team. The ideal candidate will take ownership of their assigned tasks while striving to go beyond their basic job responsibilities for the benefit of the entire SVB platform/shareholders/clients.
The Business Implementation Manager is seated within the business, directly supporting the business stakeholders and the department Subject Matter Experts, and liaisons between the business users, vendors and other departments such as SVB IT when needed for technical requirements.
- Manages the implementation of assigned projects, works with the process itself, and participates in the coordination of efforts.
- Works under minimal supervision and helps drive implementation plans, engaging and working collaboratively with internal partners and vendors.
- Utilizes substantial decision making and independent judgement in determining coordination efforts for implementations and determining when to engage executive stakeholders.
- Utilizes critical thinking and judgement in identifying upstream and downstream impacts.
- Helps decide the overall process for implementation, timeline, and necessary communications.
- Routinely identifies areas of risk within the implementation plan or processes recommends modifications to minimize pitfalls
- Routinely makes impactful decisions and demonstrates high levels of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Participates in meetings and other duties as assigned by management.
- Represents Private Bank in internal and Cross-Functional Projects as assigned.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Identifies stakeholders, upstream and downstream affects, and determines the feasibility of the change
- Effectively delivers communication to key stakeholders
- Creates a timeline, charter and project plan
- Writes Business Requirements
- Acts as liaison between IT and Business
- Generates a plan for the implementation roll-out
- Engages with internal and external partners
- Ensures new process is documented and reviewed
- Tracks the deliverables and confirms completion
- Collaborates on the implementation and coordinates with other groups to make certain all compliance is considered
- Collaborates with internal partners on client communications, internal communications, training plans, and client-facing sales and support materials
- Drives creation of and/or changes to operational processes, procedures, work flows, and related documentation as needed
- Coordinates the training and implementation
- Collaborates with operational teams and as needed to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Also responsible for:
- Identifying potential risks affecting project or process implementation
- Helping facilitate the process protocols or procedures
- Authoring business cases and estimate project costs and benefits
- Conducting sandbox testing
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience including: project management, business process engineering, system administration, risk management, vendor management, and reporting/business intelligence.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial services, preferably in roles with exposure to Mortgage Origination and Operations, Marketing, Product Development, Product Support, Compliance, Customer Experience and client-servicing. Experience using Encompass; preferably as an Encompass Administrator.
- Technical acumen with SharePoint
- Prior proven leadership experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of business needs and applications
- Knowledge of project or change management
- Knowledge of financial services, preferably in roles with exposure to Banking Operations, Marketing, Product Development, Compliance, Customer Experience, with broad and deep expertise in related product development, operations, and client-servicing
- Knowledge of Mortgage banking; origination and processing
- Solid technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new products, lines of business, processes, software, systems, and client needs
- Effective risk management skills and ability to predict and mitigate risks and issues, as well as anticipating and proactively preparing for changes and impacts to clients and SVBs business
- Strong organizational skills and ability to quickly break down large, complex initiatives into logical, manageable work packages, tasks, and sub-tasks for execution
- Highly accomplished at influencing decisions and leading without authority
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to influence and drive change, including well developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly identify upstream and downstream effects
- Confident at putting forth ideas and opinions
- Skilled at establishing relationships and able to act as a liaison between various stakeholders
- Deals effectively, diplomatically and tactfully with a wide variety of people
- Ability to quickly analyze a problem and develop an effective response
- Ability to effectively multi-task and handle stressful situations
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking/Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Detail Oriented
- Interpersonal Skills
United States-California-Santa Clara Work Locations: Job:
Banking Operations Organization:
SVB Financial Group. Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Jun 22, 2020, 4:18:09 PM