Manager, Credit Reporting
The SVB Financial GroupCredit Reporting team has an exciting opportunity for an Credit ReportingManager within the Credit Risk Portfolio Analytics group of SVB, focused onworking towards the refinement of ensuring data quality, data reconciliation,and reporting the exposure and risk of the loan portfolio to the Agencies (SECand Federal Reserve), SVB Management and Leadership. This individualwill help manage and oversee the monthly and quarterly accounting closereconciliation processes related to Credit exposure and Creditlosses. This individual will also serve as the key liaisonbetween the department and various groups within the organization Operationalunits, Finance, Lending teams, Auditors, and External reporting units. TheIndividual will also be required to conceptualize and develop investigative andexception reporting processes to maximize the confidence in the data andcredibility in the reporting process. Since accurate information is a necessarystep for producing the reports, this individual will be required to plan,introduce innovative ways to design data reconciliation processes and overseethe reconciliation reports ensuring they are performed in a timely manner. Thisindividual will be responsible for resolving data quality challenges and helpbuild infrastructure with Credit Portfolio Analytics technical counterparts totransforming data from disparate sources into an analytical data mart that willbe used for reporting.
Essential Functionswould include:
- The Credit ReportingManager is responsible for overseeing and assist managing the monthly andquarter-end loan reconciliation process.
- While ensuringcompliance with regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP and applicable SVBFG policiesand procedures, this individual will be tasked with conceptualizing anddeveloping investigative and exception reporting processes to maximize theconfidence in the data and credibility in the reporting process.
- The role will requireplanning capabilities to introduce innovative ways to design datareconciliation processes and oversee the reconciliation reports ensuring theyare performed in a timely manner.
- In addition tooverseeing the reconciliation process, this role will assist in overseeing thepreparation and review of internal and external reports including Board andManagement committee packages, SEC reports, audit requests, and Regulatoryfilings.
- Additional work willinclude accounting entries related to the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses,monthly loan reconciliation certifications, and the testing of system upgradesas necessary.
- Quickly develops understanding of the job requirements and learnsto apply administrative and organizational skills efficiently.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) framework, understanding rolesand responsibilities to streamline processes without creating additionalrisk.
- Strong knowledge of month-end reconcilement processes.
- Proven ability in reconciling various loan system informationacross multiple platforms
- Ability to influence without authority
- Ability to communicate directly and work effectively in a complexwork environment, including the ability to interact well with a variety ofconstituencies (managers, auditors, office personnel)
- Experience managing a small team
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Controls framework
- Ability to conceptualize data, work on multiple projects at once,and maintain attention to detail
- Computer skills, including abilities in Excel, Word, andPower Point.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a friendly,service-oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work independently andself-motivated
- Willingness to takes ownership of projects
- Intermediate SQL skills preferred
- Tableau or Power BI data visualization experience a plus
United States-California-Santa Clara Work Locations: Job:
Compliances Risk %26 Audit Organization:
SVB Financial Group. Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Jul 6, 2020, 4:17:17 PM Travel: