Portfolio Analytics Lead
The Portfolio Analytics Lead is within the Risk Portfolio Analytics group of SVB focused on Credit responsible for developing metrics, predictive analytics models to provide business insight to mitigate risk in the loan portfolio.
- Work as a SME to create, consolidate and enhance dashboards and reports for senior management and end users on loan level analytics and insights.
- Utilize various internal and external data sources to analyze trends and performance of loan portfolio.
- Build metrics and models to assist business partners to achieve their business goals.
- Work with internal clients to identify issues and define information needs and translate them into specific requirements to support business initiatives and projects.
- Be a self-starter and be able to manage and prioritize your own projects which may involve various project teams and partners.
- Work with the Portfolio Analytics Manager to develop a scalable reporting infrastructure to support credit second line of defense
- Create and maintain documentation on processes.
- Proven skills in system design and implementation of solutions for data analysis and reporting systems.
- Experience with database design and data quality using SQL Server and Oracle preferred.
- Experience in developing credit analytics and models
- Must have aptitude to quickly develop understanding of the project requirements and learns to apply theories into practice.
- Candidate must show ability to communicate and work effectively in a complex work environment, including the ability to interact well with a variety of constituencies (managers, internal auditors, developers, business counterparts, etc.).
- Strong work ethic, and ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Required: 8+ years of business experience preferably in business intelligence and data management.
- Knowledge of database management concept for RDBMS needed.
- Extensive experience of IT application development life cycle preferred.
- Experience developing business and technical documentation preferred.
- Experience or exposure to R preferred.
- Experience with various reporting platforms (eg. Tableau, Business Objects) a plus.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritize own projects desirable
- Education: BS or MS in Finance and/or MIS preferred