Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Portfolio Manager -Tech Banking/Cross Border Location US-CA-Santa Clara
Job ID 2020-7822
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently looking for a Portfolio Manager for the North Cal Bridge Team. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for working with the Tech/Cross Border Commercial Team based in Santa Clara, California. This individual will manage lending/credit for a wide range of credit relationship, lead the due diligence process and deal structuring process, and partner with the Business Development Team for the delivery and negotiation of credit solutions.
- Owns the underwriting, documentation and closing process and proactively manages the portfolio
- Understands changing risk profiles of the clients and communicates the information and assessment to key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Recommends and executes on appropriate steps based on changing circumstances across a range of complex issues
- Manages large and complex portfolio with limited oversight
- Engages with clients independently, building relationships with the appropriate stakeholders, gathering information and responding to ongoing needs
- Provides training to less experienced staff and supports Team Head/Senior Relationship Manager in team leadership, including ensuring that resource allocation to their portfolio and to the pipeline is appropriate
- Develops insights into loan types and sectors and demonstrates thought leadership
- Remains abreast of market, sector and competitive trends.
- Minimum 6 years related banking experience. Experience in Technology Banking highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related major required.
- Portfolio Management experience in larger and complicated transactions required
- Highly skilled at developing term sheets and deal structures independently and provides expert guidance in the negotiation process with the client
- Advanced knowledge of portfolio management practices including expertise in evaluating risk and managing changing situations
- Strong structuring, negotiation and closing skills, as well as demonstrated ability to engage and build trust with clients independently
- Team player with a highly developed ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS