Morgan Stanley is a global financial services leader withthree core businesses: Wealth Management, Investment Management andInstitutional Securities. The Wealth Management Division comprises one of theworld's largest networks of Financial Advisors with offices across the UnitedStates and total client assets exceeding $2 trillion.
The Private Banking Group (PBG), within Wealth Management,offers clients access to banking services, deposit products, and lendingsolutions. Private Bankers located in branch offices across the US partner withFinancial Advisors to deliver PBG solutions to clients.
Headquartered in Purchase, New York, the Private BankingGroup is an important revenue contributor for Wealth Management and hasexperienced significant growth over the past five years. The team isresponsible for developing, launching and managing innovative banking andlending services tailored for affluent and high net worth clients. Theseservices include home loans, securities-based loans, deposit products, accessto a range of banking services, and a growing array of digital banking andlending capabilities.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD) will be part of thePrivate Banking Group National Sales Team (PBGNST) and co-report to the PBGNSTRegion Manager and PBGNST COO. The RSDwill be responsible for driving sales and marketing strategies and initiativesacross the banking and lending platform to increase product awareness,engagement and Advisor penetration to achieve stated targets and objectives. The candidate will work closely with thePBGNST Region Manager, COO and Head of Business Development to design,implement, and execute strategies to drive growth across the platform. The candidate is expected to orchestrate anddrive delivery of these strategies in partnership with:
Private Bankers, Associate PrivateBankers, Ultra High Net Worth Sales, Cash Management Sales & Loan PortfolioManagers
Regional/Complex and Branch ManagementTeams
Financial Advisors and Support Staff
Develop the regions strategic businessplan to drive advisor engagement across the banking and lending platform.
Throughout the region, proactivelydrive key sales and marketing initiatives and execute training initiatives asneeded.
Monitor, inspect and ensureaccountability of success metrics, including, but not limited to, FAparticipation, production, units and active usage and dispositioning ofopportunities.
Identify and execute immediate actionplan for underperforming markets.
Provide input on the design, creation,messaging and positioning of sales and marketing initiatives.
Act as a subject matter expert and beassigned as a Mortgage, Lending or Cash Management Specialist within theRegion.
The successful candidate for this position is expected tohave the following skills:
- Possess excellent relationship and newbusiness development skills with a desire to consistently achieve top revenueresult
- Strong relationship buildingcapabilities with Field / Branch Management, Financial Advisors, Service staff,Clients, Product Specialists and matrix partners.
- Expert knowledge and understanding ofthe full suite of lending and cash management products and services.
- Ability to maintain poise, presence andprofessionalism in the most difficult circumstances.
- Ability to demonstrate positiveinitiative, leadership and comfort working in a fast paced environment.
- Detail orientation with strongorganizational and analytical skills.
- Possess excellent oral and writtencommunication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manageexpectations.
- Good collaboration skills in ateam-oriented environment
- Travel requirements can vary dependentupon the territory covered and while we approximate 50%, travel requirementsmay be more.
- Series 7, 63 or 66 required (or tobe completed within 90 days of hire.
- Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System(NMLS) registered 7+ years of successful sales or salesmanagement experience in lending, deposit and cash management products with aninvestment, commercial or private bank.
- Proven new businessdevelopment / origination experience with Lending products preferred.