We are looking for a results-driven, sales professional to actively prospect, forecast and manage relationships with automakers (OEMs) and national sales companies (NSCs). Position would interact with multiple client personas including strategic planning, market representation, incentives, sales operations, marketing, parts and service, and procurement.
The Sales Executive will work closely with the Account Manager and be responsible for developing a comprehensive strategic plan resulting in revenue growth through expanding the current revenue base, while developing new revenue opportunities for IHS Markit market reporting, dealer network planning and recall offerings for existing and new clients.
The ideal candidate is adept at building relationships and gaining credibility as a trusted advisor. If you enjoy getting to understand your client's business and strategic goals, and matching them to IHS Markit solutions, you could be the person we are looking for. General Job Duties:
- Generate a sales pipeline matching IHS Markit solutions to customer challenges to produce revenue in line with quota
- Maintain in real time all sales activity in CRM platform with up to date information
- Achieve assigned sales targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Create a territory/customer strategy based on assigned book of business and new opportunities
- Frequently meet with customers in-person and virtually to maintain and grow business
- Represent and promote the company to all levels and functions at the OEMs and NSCs
- Develop and maintain a high level of understanding and knowledge of IHS Markit products and services offerings, and articulate them effectively to clients
- Collaborate cross functionally with peers and colleagues to share best-practices and to ensure that the "voice of the customer" is reflected in marketing, product, operational and decision-making processes
- Focus on becoming an integrated extension of the customers team
- Work effectively and efficiently with internal product teams, account management teams, Marketing, and Sales Operations
- Bachelor's Degree or higher and/or equivalent work experience in related field, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Sales and/or client-facing experience with one or more areas within market representation, incentives, sales operations, marketing, parts and service, and procurement areas
- Direct experience within one or more areas of automotive market representation, incentives, sales operations, marketing, parts and service a plus
- Industry knowledge across the automotive value chain with a passion to continuously learn about autonomy, connectivity, electrification, shared mobility and other disruptors that have wide-ranging implications
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization, including C-suite
- Ability to understand prospect workflow, strategy and objective to provide solution-based approach for successful outcome
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of sales CRM software to track sales opportunities and customer activity a must, experience using Salesforce a plus
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in order to conduct face to face meetings or attend industry conferences (once business travel resumes)
- Passion for data, analyzing data, and what insights it can drive
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under limited supervision and handle multiple tasks
- Ambition, initiative, drive, motivation, and a desire to succeed and grow professionally
- Highly organized and capable of effectively prioritizing tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to audience
- Collaborative virtual work environment or in office once in office environments are re-established
- Candidate must be able to travel to OEM/NSC locations to support sales and marketing initiatives on a regular basis
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.