Group Leader, Sales Compensation
Sales Compensation Group Leader - Denver, CO
Are you looking for a great opportunity with a global organization? Are you ready to assist in setting the stage for the next phase for sales for the company? Join Western Union as a Sales Compensation Group Leader. Motivated by our values: purpose driven, globally minded, and trustworthy & respectful
We're a FinTech that's using insight from customers and colleagues worldwide to improve financial services for families, small businesses, multinational corporations, and non-profit organizations. We're a team of over 10,000 people spanning 200 countries and territories. We believe when money moves, better things happen. Better requires process discipline and simplification
We'll be looking for you to be a true thought leader in the sales compensation design and sales effectiveness space, which will include the development, implementation, and administration of policies and programs. You will partner and influence the sales compensation design for both our Consumer Money Transfer and Payments sales colleagues spanning across 24 countries. You will be responsible for sales compensation administration and the analysis of WU's sales programs globally. You will lead sales incentive communication strategy and identify opportunities to simplify and standardize programs and processes. You will facilitate the integration of newly acquired entities' sales compensation programs.
For such a pivotal position, you will have 10-12 years of experience with sales compensation design and administration of global programs in a larger corporation. You'll have a bachelor's degree, along with a CCP or GRP certification preferred. You will be a thought leader with proven sales effectiveness. You'll have a strong track record of driving operational improvements to support business strategy, with experience participating in organizational transformation efforts including enterprise solution sales compensation plans. You will have strong project management experience with knowledge of full project life cycle, business process design, documentation, execution, and change management. Ability to lead a team both locally and virtually. Join us, and let's move money for better
Western Union is transforming its business and shaping the financial services sector by driving quality, convenience, and customer service to new levels of excellence. It's an exciting time for our organization, as the largest cross-border money transfer operator, trusted by millions of consumers around the world. If you're ready to unleash your potential to help drive change through bottom-up innovation, apply now.
We're a company on the move, and we want our people to grow and develop. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as a great salary and benefits package.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected category.
- Ownership of sales compensation design, development, implementation and administration of policies and programs including sales performance management system, analysis and modeling
- Translate strategic sales objectives and optimize plans to help attract, retain, and motivate top sales talent
- Cultivate strong relationships with senior leadership of the sales organization to understand their business needs and ensure they are accurately reflected in sales compensation deliverables
- Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of sales compensation objectives
- Create change management plans that engage leadership, management, and communications
- Lead sales incentive communication strategy and execution to ensure plans and programs are well understood by the sales and HR organizations to increase motivation and identify opportunities to simplify and standardize programs and processes
- Perform deep analysis on the effectiveness of compensation components, rules, and programs and model the potential impact of alternatives
- Monitor program outcomes, adapting as necessary to address evolving market dynamics and strategic objectives
- Accountable for vendor management for global sales performance management system including system review, selection and operations
- Ensure tools, processes, and systems are maintained to effectively process incentive awards
- Ensure governance processes are in place that guarantee and/or strengthen compliance with applicable contracts, regulations, system and institutional policies and procedures
- Develop and implement both short term and long-term road maps focused on variable compensation strategies
- Ensures programs are internally consistent and standardized, externally competitive, fiscally responsible, and are consistent with the strategic direction of the overall compensation philosophy
- Acts as a consultant to the HR Generalist and line managers regarding all aspects of sales compensation strategy, governance, plan design, pay mix and evaluation, ad hoc market analysis, job evaluation, etc.
- Accountable in facilitating the integration of newly acquired entities' sales compensation programs
- Works closely with the corporate compensation department and regional compensation leaders to ensure appropriate consistency
- Minimum of ten to twelve years of progressively increasing Sales Compensation, General Compensation and Benefits design and management experience
- Minimum of five years' experience with sales compensation design and administration of global programs in a larger corporation; prior experience in an actual sales role, business leadership, sales operations positions and/or finance experience preferred
- Strong track record of driving operational improvements to support business strategy, ideally having participated in organizational transformation efforts including enterprise solution sales compensation plans
- Proven experience in problem resolutions, lean and agile management principles, including the data and analytics skills to enable common linkages to be identified and connected
- Experience modeling data using, predictive analytics, forecasting, regression testing, etc.
- Minimum of eight years' experience leading local and virtual employees
- Proven strong project management experience with knowledge of full project life cycle, including business process design, documentation, execution and change management
- Demonstrated consultative skills and experience influencing business decisions
- History of experience in successfully assessing, developing, and implementing the principals of compensation & benefits in an organizational setting, exercising responsibility in monitoring and complying with local regulations, compensation/benefits administration, and communication
- Proven experience working collaboratively in a highly matrixed environment and relationship management with a heavy emphasis on compensation management required
- High level of interpersonal communication skills to be able to work and assist managers and employees throughout the Corporate business spanning multiple countries
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with senior leaders throughout the organization and shared services functions, with the ability to influence and negotiate on outcomes
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to present complex ideas to senior management and other audiences;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent commercial education as well as a CCP or GRP certification would be strongly preferred
- Innovation, good communication