ITSM CMDB Discovery Lead
- Denver, CO, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 15 févr. 19
ITSM CMDB Discovery Lead
CMDB Discovery Lead, Configuration Management
The CMDB Discovery Lead position supports the Asset and Configuration Management function at S&P Global to lead the development of tools, data and processes that will significantly enhance S&P Global's capabilities to manage and develop its technology infrastructure and applications. Reporting to the Configuration Process and Product Owner, the CMDB Discovery Lead role will work closely with IT teams to ensure all items are correctly identified and accounted for within the CMDB.
- Responsible for ServiceNow discovery architecture and continuous improvement
- Responsible for Discovery of all CI's in the Configuration Management system
- Responsible for review and follow up on Discovery issues/errors
- Manage Discovery credential requirements for all technologies
- Work with Information Security on scope and approval of credentials
- Continuous improvement of discovery probes, discovered attributes
- Provide reporting and metrics on status of discovery and discovered technologies
- Liaise with SPGI Technology teams for understanding of architectures and configurations for discovery needs
Business & Functional Knowledge: Applies broad knowledge of IT business and operations principles, business drivers, and related areas to impact results. Knowledge of process engineering, IT configuration, IT data needs a must. Strong business acumen and ability to translate technology terms into business terms.
Problem Solving: Solves complex, non-routine problems in operations, using new solutions and weighing costs/benefits.
Interaction: Works with senior leadership and management in the business units to improve processes. Communicates findings and analysis with internal and external clients.
Scope & Impact: Impacts the quality of operations support provided by related teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business required
- 5+ years working in large scale configuration management databases
- 3-5 years experience in Enterprise CMDB with deep knowledge of ServiceNow Discovery
- 3 years experience as Server System Administrator, Unix, Linux, Windows
- 1+ years experience AWS or VMWare administration
- Experience with Web Technologies (XML, HTML, Web Services, etc.)
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL etc.