AI/Machine Learning Product Manager
At IHS Markit, we're changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500.
In the Emerging Products Division we think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup. We're building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that previously were impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine best course of action in the present. We're disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team with a bias to action. Are you ready to join us in building the software that will power the most impactful companies in the world? Position Summary
Are you a disruptor, breaking the paradigms of how others solve problems? Are you bold, courageous, and strategic? Is delivering impact your top motivator? We subscribe to the notion of hiring smart people and getting out of their way. Are you obsessed with providing the absolute best customer experience possible in a product? Do you like to blend thinking about what if with how do we get it done? If you answered yes to these questions, then we need to talk!
As an AI Product Manager, you'll be working hand in hand with enterprise Global Fortune 500 sized companies to help them drive digital transformation through software solutions. You will be working closely with our AI engineers and data scientists to translate customer needs into well-defined experiments to create new technology solutions. You will be the expert on how our platform intelligence works and what is actually possible. You will be working directly with our development teams to ensure that they provide clarity and remove roadblocks on the way to delivering against the backlog.
This role requires a high degree of integrity, motivation, discipline, energy, persistence, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who thrives on tackling new challenges with a pragmatic approach. This role will be pivotal to the success of our business, our future and our ability to successfully disrupt the market. Are you ready for the challenge? The successful candidate must be willing to actively engage in day-to-day operations while maintaining a strategic and hands-on understanding of complex product offerings and company direction. Duties & Accountabilities
Education & Experience
- Maintain a well-organized, groomed backlog with responsibility for epics and features
- Identify customer requirements and translate into product vision and backlog
- Develop and maintain technology release plan
- Define what a good quality algorithm should look like in collaboration with engineering and data science
- Engage closely with engineering and data science to help determine the best technical implementation while balancing time to market needs
- Define detailed scenarios and refine with data science to delivering to AI engineering teams
- Be the AI expert and act as an evangelist to build awareness and understanding of the technology internally and externally
- Shape product positioning and messaging to differentiate new product from competition
- Translate product features and capabilities to value proposition and differentiated benefits to communicate with users and customers
- Lead strategic customer beta engagements, framing a feedback environment and communicating learnings on early releases of products
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to create product demonstrations
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to ensure successful launch and support go-to-market
- Connect customer insights and data to product strategies, ensuring everything we do is customer-centric
What We Offer
- 4+ years of experience in product management or related functions
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong knowledge of Agile and SCRUM methodologies and lean product management principles
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Track record of implementing and launching AI, ML or data products, services or platforms including but not limited to some understanding of ML Ops based solutions
- Understands the concepts of taking unstructured information, and bringing structure to it using technologies such as Knowledge Graphs
- Possesses a deep understanding of the iterative nature of the AI lifecycle
- Technical fluency in AI technology and applications to solve business problems
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and collaborate at all levels
- Experience in leading product development from start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering
- Customer first mentality - desire to deliver the best possible user experience to customers
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $91,025. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.