Release Train Engineer/Agile Coach
At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team to explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
IHS Markit is seeking an adept Release Train Engineer/Agile Coach based in Denver, CO who will report to the VP of Software Development for our currently unreleased digital transformation solution . The primary responsibility of this position is to support the effective development and delivery of software systems/products by facilitating release train events and processes. Incumbents in this position will partner with the Development, Infrastructure and Product Management teams. In addition, we are looking for someone who can act as a thought leader for all things Agile. The ideal candidate will be one who leads by example and knows how to bring out the best in people and to act as a galvanizing force for our Engineering & Product Design (E&PD) business line in terms of sharing and growing Agile knowledge. The candidate will constantly be thinking about how to improve the process using a data driven approach. As a member of E&PD, there will be opportunities and expectations to provide coaching, and serve as a mentor to teams and individuals for both remote and local teams, as well as other RTE's in the project. You will present and communicate team status to the technology leaders and Executive team.
- Support one of our Agile Release Trains consisting of 8-10 scrum teams.
- Work with other RTE's to plan and execute PI planning ceremonies.
- Work with PM's to maintain a healthy backlog as input to PI Planning
- Focuses on results and delivery.
- Establish and maintain calendars and meeting schedules for all PI related ceremonies.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training as required to teams and individuals supporting teams at all levels of the organization.
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and lead by example. This person should be extremely knowledgeable in and personify Scrum, Agile and SAFe methodologies.
- Assess the agile maturity of the organization and coach teams to higher levels of maturity.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Ensure and facilitate cross-team coordination and foster cross time zone collaboration.
- Will work on identifying and tracking work items and issues, identifying bottlenecks, assessing and managing risks.
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the organization see how they are doing, and report team progress to senior management.
- Strongly serve and support the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers.
- Reach out to the larger company network or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Coach and mentor other Scrum Masters in our product team as needed. Ensure that our ways of working are consistent across the teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Continue to grow by learning new tools and techniques
Education / Experience
What We Offer
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Second-level Agile Certification (CSP, PSM II, etc.) preferred.
- SAFe SPC or RTE Certification highly desirable
- At least three-year's experience serving as RTE or Scrum Master on multiple Scrum teams/ARTs in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of relevant agile metrics and charts (e.g. burndown, velocity, burnup, CFD) and ability to interpret them and provide appropriate guidance and coaching to the team.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role is $90,072. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
#remoteInclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.