Back-end Applications Developer
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Job Description
Interactive Brokers Group seeks a Back-end Applications Developer for our Tax and Web Development Groups to participate in all phases of the development cycle for our customer-facing brokerage systems. We are looking for someone who will:
You will need to have:
- design, develop and maintain backend and middleware services for Interactive Brokers web based account registration, account maintenance, tax, and compliance systems
- Complete typical projects that focus on data base backend and middleware services development using Java, PL/SQL
- Complete smaller projects that use python, Unix shell scripting and other general purpose development languages and tools.
Qualities we'd love to see:
- A BS/MS Computer Science or other related fields
- Strong knowledge of programming concepts, algorithms and concurrency
- 2+ years of Java or similar general purpose OO language
- Strong knowledge of data structures, database concepts, PL/SQL programming
- Prior experience (including college projects) with structured database design
- Familiarity with web applications, concepts, and tools
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- Great English written/verbal communication skills.
- Problem solver, attention to details, fast learner
- Self-motivated and directed
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants
- Daily company paid lunch
- 401k with company match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
- Team outings and dinners
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser).
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info