Senior Systems Engineer - Microsoft Office365/Active Directory
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Senior Systems Engineer - Microsoft Office 365/Active Directory
This role within the Global Windows Platform & Services team is responsible for planning, designing, automating, orchestrating and implementing the entire stack of Microsoft solutions in our data centers and in the Microsoft Cloud. You will need to be have expert knowledge of Microsoft, Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and other 3 rd party cloud technologies. Daily Duties Include:
Key Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Create logical and physical design for all Microsoft Office 365 solutions (SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Exchange Online, ATP and any new business-related requirements).
- Gather and document business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate into technology solutions.
- Perform in-depth technical research and analyze results to recommend suitable approaches for solving complex and challenging technical and integration problems.
- Follow policies and procedures for change, problem and incident management.
- Plan, design, implement, and configure Active Directory and Group Policy in our domain environment.
- Share the leading industry best practices with other Windows team members.
- Proactively participate in L3 problem escalations and resolve desktop and server support issues.
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation and planned maintenance activities after hours and on weekends when needed.
- Create High-level and Low-level Architecture for Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- 8-15 years of hands-on IT Engineering experience
- 5+ year in-depth Microsoft O365 Experience
- 5+ years of experience in similar role (Active Directory Design, Azure and O365 break/fix, engineering, complex implementations)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Brokerage, Trading, or Investment Management)
- In-depth experience with Office 365 Security and Compliance product, including eDiscovery, DLP and ATP
- In-depth experience with SMTP relaying mechanism and protocol
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Teams implementations and deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong customer service and professional client facing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance and scalability.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE, MOUS, and VCP) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
- Understanding of networking concepts, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and firewalls.
- Expert experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft SQL & Windows clustering technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS file systems.
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Microsoft Azure, AWS (IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS) and other relevant cloud technologies.
- Expert-level experience with Active Directory federation services (ADFS, SAML, Single Sign-On (SSO), Two-Factor authentication and other related Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies.
- Hands-on expertise working with a complex Active Directory infrastructure environment and the requirement of following strict standards, procedures and processes
- Competitive salary, annual performance based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch.
- 401k with company match.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info