Senior Research Analyst
In a world filled with data, do numbers tell you a story? Are you a stickler for deadlines who likes to spend your coffee breaks brainstorming ideas with your team?
We're looking for someone like that to support and collaborate directly with the Head of US Real Estate Research & Strategy. This team member will help develop market outlooks, quarterly publications and firm-wide strategy presentations. Your position fills a critical, senior role for our team generating and presenting custom research. A successful Senior Research Analyst will have the flexibility to interpret the potential impact that trends in the economy may have on real estate markets and to help the team brainstorm ideas in response to fast-paced client requests. Your responsibilities would include teasing a story of out of market and proprietary data (e.g. How is the US retail market doing? What can our internal data teach us about effective cap-ex projects?) and communicating your findings to Senior Management, internal and external clients. Candidates should be curious, at least mildly obsessed with detail, and friendly, yet professional.
You would join the Hartford Real Estate Research & Strategy team based in the Asset Management group. Our team interprets numbers and graphs and shares our ideas in interactive sessions with Senior and Portfolio Management, Acquisitions, and Asset Management departments in our real estate firm. Research & Strategy is an integral part of the investment process for institutional real estate ops, covering all major markets and property types in the US. We aim to be collaborative and innovative as we lead the firm's Strategy Team in developing investment expectations as the foundation for portfolio development. Day-to-day, our team creates presentations, monitors economic trends, conducts quantitative modeling, writes articles on hot topics, and manages a daily-valued fund. Our participation is key in helping others to follow economic trends, study real estate markets, support transactions, benchmark performance, and run daily fund operations. Our group is a component of the Real Estate & Private Markets division of UBS Asset Management. We are focused on bringing traditional number-crunching research into a visualization-based, strategy-focused future.
Your experience and skills
• Experience in real estate research, strategy or economist roles.
• A fondness for public speaking and translating data into ideas.
• The ability to translate a large body of raw numbers into succinct presentation points.
• An understanding of economic, real estate or accounting language.
• Excellent verbal and written abilities. Fluent English.
• A strong background in Microsoft Excel including knowledge of formulas, graphing, keyboard short cuts, pivot tables, etc.
• Skills with other Microsoft Office products – examples may include, Word, PowerPoint animation.
• A natural inclination to study detail and commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Knowledge of BI software or statistical software. This is desirable, but not necessary.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and personal drive, reaching out to other departments and data providers in search of answers.
• Aspirations to continuously learn new applications and expand your software capabilities.
• An excellent communicator, you know how to speak with people at all levels.
• A self-starter who is looking for a fun, collaborative team who will support you as much as they challenge you.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.