Leargas Capital (“Leargas” or the “Company”) is a boutique alternative asset manager of institutional capital focused on investment opportunities across US and international mortality linked investment markets. Leargas Capital is a growing and entrepreneurial asset management team seeking to add a Quantitative Analyst to its team as the business continues to scale.
Located in Westport, Connecticut, Leargas seeks a candidate who is a motivated self-starter with a background in quantitative analytics with demonstrated problem-solving abilities. This individual will be able to synthesize information across large amounts of data and utilize this knowledge to make thoughtful, commercially driven decisions. This position represents an opportunity to join a small team and be responsible for the quantitative elements underpinning risk acquisition, risk management, and devising new investment opportunities. A successful candidate will be commercially driven with a track record of value creation through data analytics and a self-starter who enjoys independent work, with minimal supervision, and being part of a small, entrepreneurial team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Aggregate and analyze large datasets of mortality and pricing information to inform valuation and investment opportunities across existing in-force portfolios and potential new investments.
- Utilize statistical analysis to evaluate and test assumptions regarding mortality, persistency, and anti-selection.
- Develop and maintain actuarial models for valuing and assessing risks associated with Life Settlements and other mortality linked assets and develop mortality based VAR models.
- Develop and maintain dashboard reporting across structured data sets to drive decision making.
- Support efforts to optimize the capital structure of existing funds using both standard and non-traditional financing alternatives.
- Assist in investment reporting for to institutional investors.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong quantitative and modeling interest and experience.
- 2-5 years’ work experience in Finance, Insurance or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, actuarial science or a related field.
- Proven commercial acumen.
- Ability to process and synthesize data and present conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to multi-task and operate within tight timelines.
- Strong organization, communication and analytical skills, with an ability to think clearly and laterally.
- Strong written communication skills for both internal communication of proposals and business decision-making generally, including the ability to engage with investors and service providers externally.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and VBA skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL database querying and data management.