Reporting Lead, Corporate Accounting
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world's markets and economies work - using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Powering this engine requires a diverse community of investment professionals, technologists, managers and other specialists. The firm attracts independent thinkers who share a commitment to achieving excellence in their respective lines of work and operating in our unique culture. Bridgewater was founded in 1975 and its principal offices are located in Westport, CT - an hour outside New York City. Our Culture
Bridgewater aspires to be an idea meritocracy in which radical transparency and believability-weighted decision-making allow the best ideas to prevail. Feedback is frequent and flows in all directions, meetings are recorded and shared, mistake-based learning is encouraged, and everyone is expected to uphold high standards of excellence and personal accountability.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is central to that mission - to develop the deepest understanding of markets and economies we must find, retain, and grow the best talent across gender identity, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gained experiences, and more. To unlock the power of that diversity also requires an inclusive environment. In pursuit of this vision, Bridgewater has a full-time D&I team reporting to our CEO, vibrant affinity networks, and several companywide initiatives to drive progress. Ask your Bridgewater recruiter to learn more. About the Finance Department
Finance is the guardian of Bridgewater's financial resources. We seek to drive sustainable shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing use of the firm's financial resources. This responsibility is fulfilled by providing strategic partnership, insights and independent challenge along with the delivery of high-quality financial reporting, forecasting and analysis while maintaining effective and efficient operational control. To further Finance's impact, the Chief Financial Officer has launched an aggressive transformation platform to enrich insights, improve reporting, risk and control operations and ultimately developing more intimate, influential relationships with business leaders. About the Corporate Accounting Group:
The Corporate Accounting team is responsible for producing and maintaining the single source of financial truth within Bridgewater. The team ensures that accurate and timely financial information is readily available to a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Currently, the Corporate Accounting team is transforming how it meets the various demands of these stakeholders which include the Bridgewater management team, external auditors, and our shareholders. Central to this evolution, will be shaping our partnership with key offshore vendors and streamlining a variety of processes and methods of reporting. The team will also lead the department's understanding and implementation of accounting policy, ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("GAAP") and establish and operate a controlled environment that both prevents errors and detects them in order to safeguard Bridgewater's assets. About Your Role:
Bridgewater is looking for an achievement-oriented, proactive contributor who takes initiative, possesses a strong sense of personal responsibility, enjoys a challenge, and persists in overcoming obstacles. The Reporting Lead will be responsible for the preparation of the financial statements of the company's entities in accordance with U.S. GAAP and statutory requirements. In addition, this position will be responsible for various regulatory and compliance filings. The Reporting Lead will work closely with the Policy Lead on the development and maintenance of accounting policies.
The individual will report directly to Bridgewater's Head of Policy and Accounting. You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of consolidated and stand-alone financial statements/footnotes for Bridgewater entities in accordance with U.S. GAAP and statutory requirements
- Preparation of regulatory and compliance filings
- Optimizing reporting controls and processes using tools, systematization, and automation
- Assistance with the maintenance/creation of accounting policies
Why Choose Bridgewater?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with a minimum of 4+ years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm
- Ideally, 2+ years of experience in a financial reporting or technical accounting role:
- Part of a company's financial reporting group (SEC/non-SEC),
- Part of the standard-setting following and/or accounting consultation group of a Big 4 accounting firm's National Office, or
- Project team lead at the FASB or IASB
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear and concise footnotes that are compliant with U.S. GAAP
- Excellent project planning and management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience with Workday Adaptive a plus
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer