Senior Finance Associate
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world's markets and economies work - using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Powering this engine requires a diverse community of investment professionals, technologists, managers and other specialists. The firm attracts independent thinkers who share a commitment to achieving excellence in their respective lines of work and operating in our unique culture. Bridgewater was founded in 1975 and its principal offices are located in Westport, CT - an hour outside New York City. Our Culture
Bridgewater aspires to be an idea meritocracy in which radical transparency and believability-weighted decision-making allow the best ideas to prevail. Feedback is frequent and flows in all directions, meetings are recorded and shared, mistake-based learning is encouraged, and everyone is expected to uphold high standards of excellence and personal accountability.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is central to that mission - to develop the deepest understanding of markets and economies we must find, retain, and grow the best talent across gender identity, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gained experiences, and more. To unlock the power of that diversity also requires an inclusive environment. In pursuit of this vision, Bridgewater has a full-time D&I team reporting to our CEO, vibrant affinity networks, and several companywide initiatives to drive progress. Ask your Bridgewater recruiter to learn more. About the Finance Department
Finance is the guardian of Bridgewater's financial resources. We seek to drive sustainable shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing use of the firm's financial resources. This responsibility is fulfilled by providing strategic partnership, insights and independent challenge along with the delivery of high-quality financial reporting, forecasting and analysis while maintaining effective and efficient operational control. To further Finance's impact, the Chief Financial Officer has launched an aggressive transformation platform to enrich insights, improve reporting, risk and control operations and ultimately developing more intimate, influential relationships with business leaders. About the Role
Bridgewater is currently hiring a Senior Finance Associate to join its Corporate Finance team. Senior Finance Associates play a supervisory role in the generation of financial modeling and analysis, as well as the creation of reporting packages used to inform our CFO and Senior Leaders about Company financial health, risk, and opportunities. The Senior Finance Associate will be expected to drive projects independently, efficiently utilize junior resources, and synthesize the financial reporting to senior management. Projects may include work on matters such as balance sheet, capital structure, valuation, revenue analytics, expense management, etc. This role is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are ready to apply their analytical thinking to strategic conversations with key members of the Bridgewater community.
We are seeking a candidate who is highly analytical, demonstrates expertise with financial modeling, takes independent initiative, has strong oral and written communication skills, takes on challenges willingly, is highly reliable, and seeks and gives feedback. You will drive the following responsibilities
We are looking for candidates with the following minimum qualifications
- Partner with internal leaders to understand their goals and identify and deliver solutions which satisfy their needs
- Build, collect, manage, and analyze financial data in order to provide information (e.g. deliverables, reports, slide decks, etc.) for management
- Develop complex financial models to analyze financial impacts across various scenarios
- Execute work activities to meet deadlines and review deliverables to identify financial anomalies and ensure deliverables achieve objectives
Why Choose Bridgewater?
- 10+ years of analytical work experience in a corporate finance, corporate development, investment banking, or management consulting setting
- Expertise with financial analysis, modelling, and reporting
- Previous experience synthesizing financial information and communicating to senior managers
- Strong academics and demonstrated math/analytical ability
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Interest in and desire to learn about financial concepts and their application
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer