S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
Oil Markets Analyst Grade/Level
9 (For Internal Purposes only) The Location:
Houston or London (hybrid model 2 office/3 home) The Team:
Commodity Insights Analytics is looking to hire an analyst depending on experience to drive forward its Global oil markets analysis delivered under their market-leading product line. This role will involve supporting oil market fundamentals, writing forward-looking market commentary, and maintaining analytical tools, research, and models. The role will develop your detailed knowledge of Global oil market fundamentals and will leverage your strong quantitative skills. The Impact:
Commodity Insights is a global team responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and forecasting global energy commodities markets and prices. This exciting role will be pivotal in writing forward-looking market commentary, and maintaining analytical tools and research. Our analysis serves a wide range of customers across the energy industry. What's in it for you:
This is a role with significant potential for development. You will be a key member of the Commodity Insights Global oil markets team, assisting in the synthesis of an integrated, cross-commodity, global analysis offering. In addition, there will be opportunities to take part in customer-facing activities, including webinars, client meeting and conference presentations. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Research, analyse, and communicate all factors that contribute to the current and expected future oil market fundamentals, and their interaction with global energy markets. Work towards becoming an expert and the go-to person in short-term oil market fundamentals report.
- Deliver succinct, high-quality, and accurate charts, presentations, and reports that help core readership make better-informed trading, risk management, and investment decisions
- Spot and identify emerging trends early and, where possible, anticipate market movements by developing a solid understanding of oil markets writing, modelling, and forecasting
- Constantly update knowledge of evolving markets, including oil price movements, geopolitical issues, disruptions, regulatory developments that impact oil markets
- Build internal relationships that will help generate ideas for the integration of oil markets content, fundamental data, and cross-commodity analysis to offer greater value to customers
- 1-2 years experience in analysing oil markets is a plus. Experience in other markets such as gas, power, coal, and oil is highly advantageous. Trading, commercial, consulting, price forecasting, and/or reporting experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is essential, knowledge of other languages seen favourably.
- Ability to recognize trends and provide recommendations
- Excellent communication, concise written style, and some presentation skills to provide insightful analysis to the market in compelling and straightforward content
- Ability to independently identify problems, formulate resolutions, and take action
- Motivation to seek out new assignments and act on opportunities
- Comfortable with high levels of individual responsibility and accountability. Track record for delivering against demanding targets.
- Demonstrates personal integrity and an openness to continually learn and develop
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $58,000 to $121,00
. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
282813 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States