Lead Software Engineer (API, Web Services and Micro Services)-VP
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is comprised of diverse, talented professionals globally located in more than 100 countries and territories, collectively representing an unparalleled international network of financial skills and capabilities serving targeted clients. Our clients are top corporations, financial institutions and governments in countries around the world and our mission is to help them achieve their goals. We do so by providing strategic, financing and operational insights and executing tailored product/service solutions, both across our borders and domestically. The ICG responds to clients' changing needs through its long-established relationship coverage approach that provides client solutions utilizing all of Citi's relevant capabilities, including the broadest possible access to financial markets globally. No other institution can match our combination of global insights, client relationship management services, geographic reach and local and cross-border product expertise. Team/Function Overview
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Citi Private Bank (CPB) and Information Services Group (ISG).Trade Transaction Services (TTS) Trade Technology organization supports the Global Trade Services, Trade Finance and Supply Chain management segment of the TTS Treasury and Trade business. CITI, with the largest trade services network in the world offers a broad range of solutions that meet our global trade customer's needs. From risk mitigation to financing, settlement to information, CITI's trade experts and four, regional processing centers offer around -the-clock operations support and deliver world-class solutions to suppliers, buyers and Financial Institutions. International trade is the cross-border movement of goods and services that develop from a business transaction between a buyer in one country and a seller in another country. Job Description:
This is a Lead Software Engineer role responsible for joining Citi Connect API Development team and contributing to the software design, development and to the migration of code to the production. This engineer should be able to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment and expected to work through product prioritized user stories and support the applications/products as they evolve into production systems. This engineer should be able to navigate comfortably in the teams that are heavily utilizing agile methodology and varied modern skill sets that involves API, Micro Services, Java related technologies and developing container based cloud solutions. Knowledge / Experience/Skills:
- 7-10 years of solid hands-on development experience.
- Proficiency in API, Web Services and Micro Services Design and Development.
- Strong Experience in Java related technologies.
- Experience/Ability to quickly pick up in the development of APIs using OpenAPI Specifications.
- Experience/Exposure in using modern UI Technologies/Framework such as Angular, ReactJS, etc.
- Full stack development experience/Proven ability to transform to a full stack developer.
- Experience in a modern scripting language such as Python (Preferred)
- Technical Savvy to leverage and experiment with Open Source Technology Frameworks.
- Experience in using CI/CD toolkit. Should be able to quickly pickup to the ever-changing tools in the industry.
- Exposure to a container based platform such as Open Shift.
- Exposure to the migration of native applications to the container based/ cloud platforms.
- Ability to demonstrate defensive coding best practices.
- Experience/Ability to quickly pick up working in Micro Services Based Architecture.
- Experience in using REST methodologies.
- Experience working with the global development teams spanned across different time zones.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal skills and product knowledge skill set preferably in financial domain.
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .