Business Segment Financial Planning and Analysis AVP
- Wilmington, DE, États-Unis Wilmington DE US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Barclays - US
- 17 juil. 18 2018-07-17
The Segment Financial Analysis Lead has ownership responsibility to manage the financial analysis for a key Cobrand Partnership Segment partnering with the Business Management providing financial knowledge and insights to drive the most effective strategy, maximizing growth and returns to exceed the goals of the company.
The Segment Financial Analysis Lead will directly report to the Group Head of Segment Financial Analysis and is required to play an integral role in developing and maintaining relationships and teaming up with Marketing Analytics, Segment, Credit and other groups within and outside Finance to understand underlying assumptions, assess profitability and make recommendations that ensure the achievement of company short, medium and long term goals.
- Understanding and validation of P&L assumptions, metrics and trends to build accurate partner/segment forecasts
- Analysis of partnership performance comparing actuals vs. forecast to identify opportunities and risks for the business
- Build scenarios and sensitivities around new products and initiatives; partner renewals/renegotiations, value proposition optimization, new partnerships and relationship restructuring
- Build and maintain effective communication channels within the different segments and support teams to increase participation and integration of all analysis and strategy. Interact with partners as necessary
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
This position provides a broad job scope and regular exposure and interaction with Leaders and organizations across the Bank.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Proactive search of continuous improvement including process design, data management and reporting
- Team player: Highly engaged, team player who is motivated, has the ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, has a positive approach to problem solving and leads by example
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Four-year college degree
- 3+ years of experience in Credit Cards or Financial Services
- Strong understanding of P&L components and ability to breakdown, create and analyze credit card P&Ls
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, multi-tasking, teamwork and communication skills are critical
- Ideal candidate will be a proactive, dedicated self-starter who has the courage to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills are critical
- Result oriented with the ability to bring closure to issues through working well with individuals and teams throughout the organization
- MBA preferred
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Essbase, SAS and SQL experience a plus
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.