Cyber Data Protection Associate
Description About this role
The Cyber Data Protection Associate will be part of the Cyber Data Protection team that is responsible for monitoring and investigating user activity data and alerts to identify indicators of data compromise or loss. The individual will be required to work closely with other members of the Cyber Operations team to ensure the successful delivery of the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and User Behavioral Analytics (UBA) programs.
This role will be primarily responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting alerts and system logs to identify abnormal user activity indicative of potentially malicious activity. When malicious activity is identified, the Cyber Data Protection Analyst will collaborate with appropriate response partners (e.g. Legal, Privacy, HR, business leaders) to investigate and resolve incidents. They will analyze data loss incidents to determine their impact and identify root cause, and work with appropriate groups on remediation of control gaps/failures.
This role will have the opportunity to assist in setting the objectives of the Cyber Data Protection Program as well as operationalizing DLP and UBA technologies by identifying new insider threat detection techniques and use cases. To accomplish this the individual will need to maintain awareness of the latest trends and developments in insider threat detection as well as partner with representatives from key business functions to understand their team's use of data.
• 4+ years of experience in security operations center, or similar security technical and operational role is preferred.
• University Degree. MBA, CISSP, CISM, GCHI, CEH, CCNA, or GIAC are preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact directly with individuals that do not have an IT background.
• Hands-on experience investigating DLP alerts and working with technology and business units during such investigations.
• Intermediate knowledge of DLP concepts and tools.
• Intermediate knowledge of UBA concepts including modeling user behavior and performing analysis on user behavior using SIEM tools or dedicated UBA technologies.
• Knowledge of ServiceNow.
• Knowledge of regulatory standards that govern data protection local privacy laws.
• Ability to exercise sound technical, interpersonal and organizational judgment while evaluating and solving complex problems.
• Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
• Attention to detail.
• Action-oriented attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves.
• Integrity and the highest ethical standards.
• Courage of convictions and the ability to respectfully debate the status quo. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.