Vice President of Product Development Lead
- Wilmington, DE, États-Unis Wilmington DE US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Barclays - US
- 09 juil. 18 2018-07-09
The Product Development Lead position will manage rewards and benefits product development, strategy, performance and execution for new and existing credit card products to drive profitability and customer satisfaction. The Product Development Lead will be responsible for new product development and management of all rewards programs.
Overall purpose of role
The Product Development Lead position will manage rewards and benefits product development, strategy, performance and execution for new and existing credit card products to drive profitability and customer satisfaction.
The Product Development Lead will be responsible for new product development and management of all rewards programs. He/she will optimize the revenue of the Company through detailed study of industry insights, data, and trends, leading to recommendations for product, rewards, and marketing improvements. The Product Development Group Lead makes recommendations for the ideal roadmap based on all of these data. Primary responsibilities include:
- To lead the product development and go-to-market product strategy for our newest co-brand partners. In this role, you will work closely with the partner as well as our internal marketing, partnership, and technology teams to ensure a successful product launch.
- Design and manage the rewards programs for Branded and Co-Branded programs across the airline, hotel, retail, and affinity verticals. Management includes development of a best-in-class rewards platform, reward propositions for both earn and burn, customer experience, and driving KPIs like rewards expense, retention, etc.
- Ideate, design, build, and launch new products for Barclays, both branded and co-branded
- Design and manage all rewards programs and capabilities
- Study industry trends, customer needs, and technology advances to inform product/rewards roadmap
- Identify and develop business, technical and vendor solutions to support products/rewards
- Formalize a test and learn framework, using qualitative & quantitative measures and metrics to track and predict performance.
- Work with internal partners to develop feature set delivered at launch and drive a roadmap for future product innovation.
- Partner closely with the partner and our innovation agencies to implement strategy for future product innovation.
- Work closely with our digital and loyalty teams to drive optimal customer value proposition and ideal digital/mobile customer experience
- Optimize revenue by identifying and communicating industry best practices throughout the organization
- Facilitate performance-driven roadmap planning Product Management
- Create and sell in a product governance system across Barclays that ensures control but also allows for flexibility by product
- Work with internal insights team and other vendors to understand brand measurement tracking studies; optimize for performance
- Partner closely with the Partnership & Branded Team to help them achieve their performance goals
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Partner with business areas to align product development and rewards roadmap to strategy
- Participate in business development opportunities across a wide-range of potential clients
- Collaborative with large, cross-functional teams, including legal and compliance to develop products and capabilities
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Able to coordinate complex activities involving multiple stakeholders, colleagues and vendors
- Help drive new solutions for better marketing consistency and control
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 12+ years of experience in a major corporation, preferably a bank, supporting product develop and/or loyalty/rewards program development.
- Experience with B2C marketing
- Experience with digital marketing trends
- Rapid prototyping and concept testing experience. A force for innovation.
- Relationship builder - Adept at building and maintaining relationship at all levels in the organization & across cross-functional teams.
- Hands-on approach - Not afraid to jump in and take a hands-on approach to project management. Need to be a mix of strategist & do-er.
- Communications skills - excellent comms skills, both written and spoken
- Leadership and teamwork - works well in cross-functional teams, be able to drive strategic agendas, and make strategic recommendations
- Customer focus - instinctive approach to understanding what makes effective product design, augmented by outstanding observational skills
- Brand management - understands how great brands are created and built from the inside-out
- Attention to detail - must be able to review materials for accuracy and effectiveness
- Value-based business perspective - appreciation of commercial consequences of marketing and brand decisions
- Competitive positioning - breadth of competitive awareness and understanding
- Enthusiasm and passion - become the face of the brand both internally and externally