Financial Planning Assistant
About our company:
Join our independent Private Wealth Advisory team of Ameriprise Financial, LLC in Boca Raton, FL. As one of the top practices in the Southern region with 4 advisors and additional staff we are looking to expand. We offer personalized and comprehensive financial advice, investment advice and outstanding client service to help our clients achieve their goals.
We are excited to be able to offer a new financial planning assistant role within our growing practice. You will have the opportunity to join a growing practice and be an employee of an independent franchise of Ameriprise Financial, LLC while being able to decide and follow your own career path within the practice over time. Responsibilities
- Provide general support for data collection, data input and financial plan design including recommendation ideas/product solutions while working with other team member(s) on financial plans.
- Prepare for client appointments: Preparation of client agendas, research information needed for upcoming appointments, and any other client and prospect tasks as assigned.
- Prepare client forms and follow up on client new business to ensure it is properly completed. This includes insurance business, rollovers, new financial planning agreements, etc.
- Provide general assistance for clients: Troubleshooting technical issues on client website, assist with general inquiries regarding account status, paperwork, etc. in a polite manner.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in an office setting with relevant experience.
- General knowledge of financial services industry.
- Detail oriented and organized with strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve.
- Strong computer and software skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Salesforce applications is preferred or other client record management system.
- Knowledge of financial planning software is preferred (ex. Navi Plan or eMoney).
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize as necessary.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to follow established processes to ensure team operation is efficient.
- Optional: Series 7, Series 63, Series 66, Series 65, life, health and accident licenses.