Senior Java Developer Jacksonville, FL/en-US/BKC/job/Jacksonville-FL/Senior-Java-Developer_20-771/apply Position:
Senior Java Developer Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB LOCATION: Jacksonville, Florida or Golden (Denver), Colorado offices
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
This position is in support of the Black Knight Core Digital Servicing Software Group and requires the candidate to demonstrate technical knowledge of Java based applications. The Senior Java Developer will have responsibilities in full life cycle development within a services oriented architecture, including design, programming, testing, packaging, deploying, and maintaining service and infrastructure components for a major mortgage software company. The Sr. Java Developer will be developing full stack Java code within an Agile SDLC.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with various teams to ensure efficient, well documented, application infrastructure design that meets all standards and secure development requirements.
- Configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains Java J2EE application code
- Completes solution design and development based on understanding of business need, scope, and requirements.
- Provides Java development of projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
- Assesses and develops design requirements for project and communicates in writing or in meetings with development team while assessing detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Remains current on industry standards in web development.
- Reviews application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Researches, develops and proposes new technologies to improve application architecture.
- Develops and/or reviews development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance.
- Reviews test results and directs further development.
- May serve as technical lead, project lead or principal developer.
- May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
- Mentors or guides work of less experienced programming and development staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline a plus.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Desired technical credentials should focus on object oriented design and programming in Java EE with a strong foundation in RESTful services, Angular (a plus), Servlets, JDBC, JMS, and EJBs
- Experience using the Java JVM and with applications running on WebSphere application server, Tomcat, Apache web server required
- Extensive experience with Eclipse, RESTful Web Services, Swagger, XML, SOAP, Linux, and Unix Shell scripting is required
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform (OCP) and Kubernetes experience required
- Java Microservices with Spring Boot experience required
- Angular experience (or other modern front end frameworks) a plus
- Experience with software development collaboration tools such as Jira, TFS and/or IBM Rational Team Concert desired
- Familiarity with database integrations: DB Modeling, JDBC configuration and connection strings, SQL, PLSQL, and Oracle Databases
- Understanding of encryption concepts (asymmetric vs. symmetric), SSL/TLS, PKI, X.509 certificate manipulation.
- Experience building and supporting Java applications
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, decision-making, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Focused and agile under pressure
- Willingness to quickly become an expert in new technologies
- Familiarity with security concepts and best practices
- Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives, functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
Web Applications Programmer IV
Expert professional role. Recognized as a lead/expert. Performs work that is highly complex and varied in nature. Works on small to large, highly complex projects that require expertise in multiple disciplines/processes. Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research, and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant or strategic impact. Works on multiple projects as a project team leader. Coaches and/or mentors more junior technical staff. Typically requires eight (8) or more years of programming/systems analysis experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
Jacksonville, FL Time Type:
Full timePosted YesterdayFull time20-771 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness