Scrum Master Jacksonville, FL/en-US/BKC/job/Jacksonville-FL/Scrum-Master_20-1041/apply Position:
Scrum Master Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
The Scrum Master will be responsible to drive software development activities using the Agile Scrum framework. Facilitates program level processes and oversees agile train alignment and execution. Escalates impediments in support of the agile train reaching its goals, helps team coordinate as needed across scrum teams, stakeholders, business and technology. Responsible for all aspects of assigned technical software projects. Scrum Master duties may be focused on:
- The development of new or upgraded products and services
- Internal information system-specific projects that may involve the development or enhancement of internal applications, technology integration, and/or infrastructure environment build-out
- Delivery by service teams for outsourced solutions to external clients; or
- Delivery of new or enhanced products and/or services to improve customer satisfaction through the use of technology, which may include customizations to base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other Black Knight or third-party products, or consulting projects and engagements.
- Typically involves extensive interactions with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- May work at client sites from time to time.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures program work items are tracked and maintain visibility via program Kanban boards and other information radiators.
- Facilitates program level ceremonies, meetings and events to support the delivery of business value.
- Prepares content for and facilitates the Program Increment Planning Event, quarterly.
- Works with technology and business to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Ensures team is practicing and following core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, continuous improvement, transparency and empiricism.
- Acts as a SME in Scaled Agile practices, adequately trained and knowledgeable of agile work management standards, activities and key metrics required at both program and team level.
- Reports status to Portfolio Program Management and Release management in support of related activities.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manages project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, and access to existing information as needed.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Ensures the formal Scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, daily standups, refinements, review and retrospectives) are adhered to within each sprint.
- Works with the Product Owner to ensure product backlog Features, User Stories and Tasks are prioritized by the PO and maintained by the team at all times.
- Identifies needed resources for projects; defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field- based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in Black Knight and/or in client organizations.
- Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams, and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement and recommends and implements solutions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
At least one Agile Certification is highly preferred for this position (e.g. Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Scaled Agile Framework Practitioner (SAFe-SP), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), or other similar Agile certificaions)
A strong technical background is required to manage technical projects and handle competing interests. Active pursuit of Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus or have the equivalent level of education and experience for the job level.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience working as a Scrum Master highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices
- Servant leader focused on delivering value and continuous improvement
- Ability to work with all levels of organizations and various personalities to keep teams focused on delivery
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and different Agile frameworks (XP, Kanban, LeSS, SAFe)
- Skilled with various Agile tools a plus (i.e. Rally, Jira, Version One Confluence, Agile Central, TFS)
- In depth Agile knowledge with the ability to coach others on Agile practices and principles desired
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry
- Previous hands on experience with application development and support, as well as banking and/or financial services experience preferred.
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project)
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Project Manager III - Technical
Advanced professional role. Highly skilled with extensive proficiency. May coach and/or mentor more junior project management and support staff. Generally manages large projects (i.e., approximately 10,000 to 40,000 project hours with a team of 50 to 150 team members, an internal cost of $1,000,000 to $4,000,000, and a project duration of 6 to 12 months) of medium to high risk, high complexity, and high client and/or Black Knight visibility. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires eight (8) or more years of work experience managing technical projects in financial services or a related industry OR in a related technical field (e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting) OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
Jacksonville, FL Time Type:
Full timePosted 2 Days AgoFull time20-1041 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness