Software Development Engineer
☰ Lead Software Engineer New 191927 Requisition # About this Opportunity
The Lead Software Engineer provides technical expertise and may coordinate some day to day deliverables for a team. Assists in the technical design of large business systems; builds applications, interfaces between applications, understands data security, retention, and recovery. Can research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions. Contributes to technology-specific best practices & standards; contributes to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contributes expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., and guides less experienced staff during the build and test phases. Business Unit: Information Technology
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
Department: Application Development
AD delivers solutions that respond to the business needs of the global capital markets with quality, efficiency, and excellence, using innovative technologies and providing secure information management.
What You'll Do
- Technology Expertise is a subject matter expert on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines
- Platforms works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Requirements Elaboration works with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Data Modeling reviews and extends data models
- Is aware of frameworks that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security implements solutions and executes test plans working mentoring other team members in best practice
- Standards is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Documentation develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Effectively manages individual and team performance, maintaining high standards for team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Ensures own and teams practices support success across all geographic locations
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Sound Like You?
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- 8+ years experience in application development or system analysis
- 2 years of team leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in technical/computer discipline or related experience required
- 5+ years experience in application development or system analysis using mainframe technologies including COBOL Batch and CICS.
- Good experience with IBM DB2 and related technologies
- Good experience with IBM MQ and related technologies
- Good experience of Procedural Programming and Design
- Exposure to REST APIs would be preferred
- Corporate Actions experience is very helpful
- Distributed development experience with Java/J2EE/Spring/Oracle is helpful, but not required
Who We Are
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2018, DTCCs subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.85 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 170 countries and territories valued at U.S. $52.2 trillion. DTCCs Global Trade Repository service, through locally registered, licensed, or approved trade repositories, processes over 14 billion messages annually. To learn more, please visit us at or connect with us on , , and
Previous Job Searches My Profile
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Requisition #: 191231
Requisition #: 191375
Requisition #: 191636
© DTCC. All rights reserved. 0 0