Senior IT Auditor
- Miami Lakes, FL, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 09 déc. 18
Senior IT Auditor
SUMMARY: The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, compliance, IT or operational processes. The Senior IT Auditor learns to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve efficiencies. Additionally, the Senior IT Auditor may also assist Internal Audit management with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A list of roles and responsibilities for a Senior IT Auditor are included below. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Supervises, plans and performs IT audits. Conducts IT audit special projects, as necessary.
- Audits IT information systems, platforms and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy and security.
- Evaluates IT infrastructure in terms of risk to the organization and establishes controls to mitigate loss.
- Determines and recommends improvements in current risk management controls and implementations of IT system changes and upgrades.
- Creates audit planning memos in conformance Internal Audit Department procedures.
- Documents business processes within process narratives or flowcharts, identifying risks and mitigating controls.
- Develops risk and control matrices and test plans for key controls.
- Identifies control gaps and test the design of existing controls.
- Reviews and tests records of Bank United and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, plans, and communications as well as safe and sound banking practices.
- Formulates clear and concise conclusions on internal controls and business process and efficiencies.
- Prepares audit reports detailing findings and recommendations and review findings and recommendations with appropriate management personnel through exit conferences.
- Participates in audit exit meetings and prepares presentations.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of organized, accurate, complete and competent work papers conforming to Internal Audit Department requirements, ensuring the documentation clearly supports the conclusion regarding each objective.
- Participates in audit engagement and bank-wide risk identification sessions.
- Performs interim and year-end audit testing procedures over FDICIA/SOX key controls.
- Keeps Audit Managers and Group Managers informed of audits in progress. Supervises audits so that time is efficiently used, deadlines are met and department standards are maintained.
- Provides guidance and training to staff auditors.
- Maintains positive team relationship by demonstrating and supporting initiative, willingness to learn, flexibility, respect, cooperation and commitment to the success of the internal audit process.
- Keeps abreast of regulations, industry, and information technology changes.
- Supports external auditors as assigned.
- Ensures adherence to professional audit standards.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises Audit Associate
Professional Competence and Industry Knowledge
* Demonstrates the ability to obtain, evaluate and interpret information and reach logical, fact-based conclusions.
* Acquires and applies required technical skills to be successful in project tasks and assignments.
* Displays a strong work ethic and takes initiative in solving problems and presenting solutions.
* Takes responsibility for planning, executing and managing projects effectively.
* Identifies and effectively clears project scope changes before performing work.
* Distinguishes between issues that should be communicated upward and those that can be resolved without manager involvement.
* Exhibits effective application of department policies and methodologies.
* Demonstrates knowledge of business process and related risks.
* Takes responsibility for executing work plans and supervising projects effectively.
* Communicates the importance of business ethics to the audit staff.
* Seeks industry training and stay informed about new developments.
* Works toward obtaining appropriate professional or technical certifications.
* Identifies gaps between required skills and existing competencies and assists in identifying appropriate training to close gaps.
* Effectively organizes the administrative aspects of the project, including budget and project wrap-up.
* Recognizes and communicates potential engagement challenges/issues to engagement manager as appropriate.
* Responds to customer requests in a timely manner.
* Instills in staff an expectation to provide customers with top quality service.
* Effectively prepares for and leads meetings with audit customer personnel.
* Clearly understands use of the departments audit methodology.
* Effectively communicates written and verbal ideas using multiple techniques tailored to ensure audience understanding.
* Develops sound job administration skills so that audits run smoothly.
* Practices effective time management.
Teamwork and Leadership
* Encourages others to work as a collaborative team by consistently and effectively modeling teamwork.
* Assists others in improving their personal effectiveness.
* Seeks opportunities to demonstrate and teach others on the job.
* Provides substantive, objective, and timely feedback on staff performance.
* Uses supervisory role to train and develop both the audit and customer personnel.
* Understands IAD management and customer expectations.
* Instills a service commitment in the staff by demonstrating team effort, sharing responsibility, and modeling good listening skills.
Drives for Quality and Results
* Identifies areas of business risk, potential technical problems, and opportunities to improve the efficiency and profitability of the customer's business processes.
* Responds to client needs when they arise.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the audit customer's business strategy and objectives, and the controls and policies in place to implement and measure results.
* Participates actively in risk identification sessions.
* Identifies gaps between risk and controls.
* Delivers quality project deliverables and other assigned tasks that are logically presented and free of errors in grammar and spelling.
* Utilizes 90% of time on assurance and advisory engagements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
* BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, IS/IT, or related field.
* 3-6 years related experience.
* In process of obtaining CIA, CPA, or CISA or other relevant audit certification.
* Experience in creating process documentation, developing audit plans, and performing audits.
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint; ACL & MS Access a plus.