- Tampa, FL, États-Unis Tampa FL US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 15 juil. 18 2018-07-15
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Regulatory Reporting Accountant supports Brighthouse Financial's reinsurance accounting and reporting functions. Works with reporting requirements and guidelines of applicable regulatory agencies to maintain records and prepare required financial reports. Coordinates with reinsurance administration teams and line of business controllers team to ensure that the proper accounting is available and used for all reinsurance agreements.
- Assists in implementing accounting changes to comply with regulatory accounting changes or reinsurance policy.
- Assists with establishing accounting rules as mandated by regulatory requirements and reinsurance policy within reinsurance accounting system and/or ledger system.
- Maintains support for reinsurance agreements and associated accounting rules.
- Coordinates with reinsurance teams to ensure that proper accounting rules are used for processing journal entries.
- Performs reconciliations between reinsurance accounting system and general ledger to ensure that detailed data supports all ledger balances.
- Reviews and corrects any ledger errors resulting from reinsurance input from systems or manual journal entries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- BS/BA in accounting or finance
- 5 or more years of experience in financial accounting and reporting
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Knowledge of statutory and GAAP accounting practices/procedures
- Highly proficient in Excel and must be able to learn other systems used quickly as the projects will require research and analysis using various