Business Process Analyst
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role E*TRADE Financial is looking for a Business Analyst with a good understanding of Financial Markets and knowledge of retail brokerage operations.
The primary responsibility of the position will be to support the Process Management team and help identify opportunities to improve and optimize our business and operations processes. The candidate will act as a facilitator between business and technology to define and implement new process initiatives and enhancements to our proprietary Business Process Management System (BPMS). Along with this responsibility, the candidate is expected to complete ad hoc data analysis needed to support product development and strategy. The ideal candidate is expected to develop into a Product Manager role with responsibility for the end-to-end product development lifecycle - including requirements gathering, development support, pre and post launch strategy - for a variety of products in the assigned portfolios. The desired candidate should be a self-starter, a problem solver and must be driven to solve complex business issues. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as our primary liaison between business, business analytics, and technology partners in reviewing and eliciting reviewing requirements for modeling business processes.
- Provide expertise for reviewing current system state and documentation.
- Support the Product Management team and help identify opportunities to improve and optimize our business and operations processes.
- Act as a facilitator between business and technology to define and implement new product initiatives and enhancements.
- Subject matter expert, assist with the role crafting communications to our internal partners.
- Subject matter expert to define and translate business decisions into technology solutions.
- Participate in root cause analysis and provide solutions for day-to-day process challenges.
- Conduct process management modeling and documentation review sessions to identify product enhancements.
- Lead process mapping workshops with diverse business groups.
- Generate actionable requirements within an Agile software development framework
- Document business process flows using UML-style diagramming and manage version control of changing process definitions.
- Document procedures
- Maintain ongoing updates required for vendor plan documents, interface with related vendors to secure required documents (COIs, SOX reports, etc), and periodic metrics.
- 10% Travel
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in product management or business process automation
- BS/BA, in business, finance, or business process management
- Working knowledge of Excel, Visio, JIRA, SQL
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed professional, with keen attention to detail
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service and solution-focused orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously for on time and within budget delivery
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.