Staff, Database Administration
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role Provide 24x7x365 operational, and related infrastructure and administration services for mission-critical databases in a fast-paced environment for brokerage, banking, and related financial and other business/enterprise applications. This is a Staff DBA with primary solid skills in supporting a mixed database environment. This position will report to Database Administration Manager within the Data Services Infrastructure Group, and will require strong team interaction with Data Services staff/peers, other engineering and operations group members within the IT organization, as well as with application and business development teams. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide database administration and management with Linux and Windows platforms/environments/tools (including operational and monitoring features).
- Monitor the daily performance of production and development environments.
- Provide a support on any kind of Infrastructure changes affecting the database environments.
- Perform operational aspects of high availability (clustering and related, including replication) solutions, and database security related concepts and designs (SOX compliance), are essential.
- 2-4 years of experience with Linux/Unix
- Willingness to work in Database Operations Shift rotations in a 24×7 environment, and expected to handle day to day database operational as well as preventive measures responsibilities.
- 1-2 years as a DBA with major responsibilities in a large/challenging database environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field highly desirable.
- DB related Certifications and Training or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Hands on operational experience with SAP Sybase ASE 15.7 on UNIX and Linux, Oracle 11G on Linux, or MS SQL Server 2012.
- Prior experience in a real-time transaction processing (preferably financial brokerage/banking and/or ecommerce) industry is highly desirable.
- Shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python, C#, .NET a plus.
- 1-2 years basic administration skills in UNIX and Linux as relates to RDBMS, are a plus.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.