Analyst, Data Engineer (Atlanta)
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
Reporting to the Head of Primary Data, the Data Engineer role offers tremendous scope for an entrepreneurial technologist seeking to learn how data can transform the investment space. This role will make a significant contribution across our world class investment teams. You will be working with a team that shares your passion for data and its potential to positively transform the investment landscape. Responsibilities Include:
Data Engineers build and manage data feeds to support research analysis of stocks, sectors and themes across regions for various investment teams. You will be part of a global team responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle, from pre-proposal scoping to ongoing quality control and maintenance. You will also promote and maintain a culture of utilizing best-in-class methodologies and tools to execute assignments and innovate to improve our platform's ability to mine the internet.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Create tools and systems that will make our team more scalable
- Retrieve information from online sources using cleverly designed, precise python scripts
- Troubleshoot technology problems in the line of collection and delivery
- Monitor and track project performance against set goals and objectives
- Work and communicate effectively with Investors, IT professionals, and other colleagues
- Perform analysis on data to help identify key signals relevant to performance drivers
- Keep up-to-date on web developments and related trends
- Ideally, experience working in a data-centric team or organization that delivers or manages data assets
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Experience leveraging open source data
Skills required include:
- Experience working with and/or creating APIs and web services
- Exposure to AWS or GCP Cloud platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Python with an ability to code in other web languages
- Detailed knowledge of modern web site technologies (Angular, AJAX, REST, HTTP, XSS)
- Ability to identify patterns and anomalies in large datasets
- An ability to debug abnormal problems using an HTTP sniffing tool such as wireshark or fiddler
- Some database experience (SQL, DDL/DML, performance tuning, data modeling).
- Good understanding of UNIX/LINUX environments.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment on multiple concurrent projects
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
Other personal characteristics
- High learning agility
- Introspective and self-aware
- Not afraid of failure and demonstrated ability to learn from past experience
- Perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, particularly with global colleagues.
- A built-in drive to achieve superior results under tight timelines
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.