Analyst, Software Engineer - Intelligence Platform (Atlanta, GA)
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Portfolio Management Group (PMG) has created a new Global Data Research team focused on alternative, primary and big data, called Data Strategy & Solutions. Data Strategy & Solutions:
- Leading investors to better decisions, higher conviction and inquisitive ideas by empowering them with access to new data sources and tools to makes sense of it.
- Partnered with dozens of investment groups in BlackRock - we get first access to lots of interesting data problems every month, covering just as many strategies and asset classes
- On a mission! To expand and make more impact using innovation, people and processes
This role offers tremendous scope for an entrepreneurial person with a keen interest in data and finance to make a significant contribution to alpha generation across our world class investment teams. You will be working with a team that shares your passion for data and its potential to positively transform the investment landscape. Responsibilities Include:
You will be doing:
Who you are:
- Invent, plan and implement solutions to common and unique data problems
- Provide guidance in the investigation and solution of complex problems affecting our platforms or tooling, using the creative freedom we provide to think about problems at multiple levels - system, algo, human
- Continuously challenge yourself, your peers and management to achieve success faster than the previous sprint and have fun doing it
- Creating platforms and tools that make our team or our clients smarter, better and/or more efficient
Skills required include:
- Technical - you love technology, you love to discuss it, build it, use it, hack it and modernize it
- Experienced - you have built cool things that people used, your fail:won ratio is just about even, technology has failed you at least once
- Team Builder - you're in the groove solo but often like to help others; you've seen the value in teamwork
- Self-motivated - you have examples of following your passion to succeed, you don't mind driving if you know the destination
- Elegance is your name - you build software with consistency and utility top-of-mind, the end-user's voice is always in your head
Other personal characteristics
- Python with an ability to code in other languages without much Googling
- Comfortable across all layers of data-centric applications but have a passion for the back end
- Bugs are challenges and troubleshooting is an exercise you know well
- Your comfortable using more than one database technology and one of those is cloud based
- Bash is not something you do when you're angry
- An ability to create and present technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Your fine having convincing conversations about technical topics
- You don't stop if your chosen tech is denied or your design needs a dozen tweaks
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Experience designing things, processes, systems thinking, abstract is fun
- Not afraid of failure and demonstrated ability to learn from past experience
- Perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, particularly with global colleagues.
- A built-in drive to achieve outstanding results under tight timelines
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.