Associate, Technology Risk Management
Description About this role Business unit overview:
Technology Risk Management (TRM) is a second line operational risk function with BlackRock's Risk and Quantitative Analysis organization. Our mission is to help ensure management has defined technology controls that protect our clients, our firm and support the achievement of firm-wide business goals. TRM partners with senior management, Information Security, Operational Risk and other control functions to achieve this mission. Job purpose:
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our established TRM function which has recently expanded to Atlanta to focus on Information Risk on a global basis. The ideal candidate for this position will be a dynamic, creative, results-driven leader with experience leading successful risk and control projects in financial services. The role requires solid presentation and communication skills due to the nature of working with BlackRock management globally. Additionally, the candidate should have both strong project management and people management skills and the ability to foster positive working relationships. Responsibilities:
- Information Security Risk - assist with the identification, assessment and management of cyber risks globally across all information security domains. Provide cyber security technical advisory services regarding industry and leading practices, relevant strategic initiatives, and emerging technologies and trends.
- Reviews and Monitoring - perform thematic assessments across key technology processes, monitor key risks to ensure controls are implemented timely, accurately and effectively. Provide challenge to control owners and suggest areas of improvement.
- Metrics - challenge the design of global technology metrics, perform data and trend analysis, and produce monthly KRI and KPI metric reports. Experience of Tableau preferred.
- Stakeholders - develop and maintain relationships globally across the firm including Technology Management, Information Security, Vendor Risk, Enterprise Risk and Internal Audit.
- Knowledge - stay updated on global technology related regulations, industry standards, and other best practice guidance related to Technology Resilience, Cyber Security and Technology Vendor Risk.
- 6+ years of experience working in a Technology Risk, IT Audit, Technology Vendor Risk, Cyber Security or related field (Asset Management industry experience preferred)
- Experience of working globally across different cultures and time zones
- Proven ability to manage issues through to resolution
- Strong project management, negotiation, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Preferred but not required (relevant industry certifications, such as CRISC, CISM, CISSP, CISA etc.)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.