Business Agile Transformation Lead - Client Experience
Description About this role About this role
As part of our continuous evolution to service our clients better in their investment journey with BlackRock, we are looking for a Business Agile Transformation Lead to understand the needs of our clients, train teams in the use of innovative business methodologies such as Agile, Lean and Design Thinking, mentor them through the adoption of these frameworks and methodologies, and guide them on ways to continuously improve. You will work with business, strategy, and technology leaders to craft and deliver innovative ways of working that enable our enterprise to make smarter decisions and provide unparalleled client and product experiences.
Critical to your success is an ability to drive and inspire change, and collaborate with all levels of the organization in a meaningful, impactful way. You will mentor colleagues aligned to the Client Experience Platform and across the iHub to utilize the appropriate Agile, Lean, Design Thinking framework to design and deliver solutions more efficiently. This position requires individuals who have been successful on highly distributed teams, have excelled in the convergence of strategy and ambiguous problem-solving, have driven adoption of new ways of driving performance, have comfort with navigating complex situations, and have experience in leading change in both technology and non-technology environments. Responsibilities:
- Leading and driving transformations using Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking methodologies in small and large-scale programs.
- Partnering with teams to discover opportunities for change and transformation across various pillars such as strategy, technology, and people.
- Support teams in finding and weaving dependencies at the programmatic and team levels.
- Collaborating with business functions in supporting the mechanics of transformation such as process mapping, value streaming, and reduction of waste in processes.
- Educating and mentoring people at all levels, including senior, and at times clients, on Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking principles, including providing them with tools for implementing the process in their own work.
- Crafting a holistic strategy for driving adoption, from the introduction and employee education, to building communities of practice, to sustaining the methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement.
- Developing learning plans to elevate teams to higher levels of Agile maturity and effectiveness.
- Mentoring practitioners and projects, identifying areas for improvement and general Agile adoption, developing improvement plans and working with individuals and teams to implement those improvements
- Leading creative problem solving by facilitating design thinking sessions and other collaborative problem-solving processes.
- 5+ years of experience championing the implementation of Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking methodologies in small and large-scale programs
- Exposure to large organizational transformations is preferred
- Experience with tools, preferably Miro, JIRA, and Rally
- Experience with process improvement activities, from identification to implementation to benefit measurement
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, ability to connect with and present to a variety of audiences including Senior Management
- Agile/ Lean / Design Thinking Industry certification(s) are a plus
- Participation in industry Agile/ Lean/ Design Thinking communities is a plus
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.